New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold vari X I vs vari X II
 Login/Join

<migra>
posted
I posted this on the gunsmithing forum but didn't get any responses. I see that the new Leupold vari X I scopes are selling for quite a bit less than the older discontinued Vari X II. Did Leupold enter the budget scope business or what's the deal? Does anyone out there have any experience with the new scopes? I don't want to make a reccomendation to a customer on these before I have more information.

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
Well, I bought a VX-1 2-7x about a month age and have run about 100 rounds of 416 Rem Mag thru my Ruger #1 without a problem. It has nice optics and great eye relief....

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess there aren't enough of the VX-I's out there yet to get much feedback, but I think this is an interesting enough topic that I posted to bring it back up to the top.

How about it? Anyone else tried the new VX line -- either I or II -- yet?

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
<rock42>
posted
I just got a vx-1 and while not really a die hard leupold person it seems to me to be identical to the old vari x II. I think I read on leupolds site somewhere that it is indeed the old vari x II line just rebadged and only the most popular models.

<Don Martin29>
posted
I read somewhere that the tube is not one piece but two pieces attached to the turret. This does not matter to me at all as long as it works well.

I do hope they are still made in the USA.