New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad luck w/scout cameras
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just got back from checking my game scouting cameras. Went to the the first one and thought it was funny when it was off when I walked up to it. I opened the camera and found that my batteries and my removeable SD card was gone. I then when to my second camera placed about 200yds away and it had been done the same way.
The cameras are on private property, but next to public/forest service ground.
This is the first time this has happened. I brought my cameras in and tried to see if any pictures were on the internal memory, but the camera showed no pictures.
The cameras had been out for two weeks.
Kinda sucks but I guess this is the world we live in.
I guess I should be happy they left the cameras.
Anybody else been through this?
Guess I am disappointed I didn't get to see what was on them.

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I've had stuff stolen right off my own property. It can really bring out the worst of me.

You got lucky, at least the cameras were still there.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of TexasHunter
posted Hide Post
We had a poaching problem two years ago and we had one camera hidden and got a picture of the poachers messing with the camera in the open. Turned it over the to the local sheriff and they were identified.

Posts: 126 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After thinking about it, I believe whoever did it, knew they were on private property. I think that when the person or persons noticed that they might have been photographed by the cameras, simply removed the SD memory cards and then took the battries so if there was any on internal memory that it would be lost. That way I would not be able to identify them on private ground.
Again I am blessed they left the cameras.