THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Who here has used the 6.5x55 on elk??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Who here has used the 6.5x55 on elk??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My daughter-in-law dropped a 5x6 bull elk with hers, using the 140 gr Hornady plus several mule deer. It performs way beyond its size. Ive never used one, but wouldnt hesitate to hunt just about anything with one, and Im a big bore devotee. Best wishes and good hunting.

Posts: 119 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 23 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you have, what bullet did you use, and how did it perform??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think half the people in Norway and Sweden have.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cow elk, Red deer, Fallow deer, Scimitar oryx, hogs, and several whitetails.......used Barnes XLC 140 grain, with through and through wounds. NOTHING needed a second shot - all shots taken at 150 yards or less. At ranges less than 150 yards I would not hesitate on bull elk.

Posts: 258 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.