New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weatherby performance wool
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody tried these? I'm looking at buying a wool hunting jacket.

http://www.weatherby.com/outerwear/weatherproof.shtml

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never tried it but it looks like good stuff. When wool and burrs collide, what's the outcome?

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Take a look at www.beaglewear.com . Waterproof... DL

Posts: 3 | Location: New England | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another good outfit is "Raven Wear" in Canada

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark I like my wool to be without other types of fabric liners or wind stoppers etc. I have found Filson products to be first rate.
www.filson.com

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

Weatherby get some of it's clothes from FILSON. I e-mailed and asked Weatherby.

Swandri is also very good, but a bit hard to find in Sweden.

Cheerrs
/ JOHAN

[ 03-28-2003, 23:24: Message edited by: JOHAN ]

<MNTNMAN>
posted
One more vote for Filson.

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
I told my family a long time ago that if they wanted to buy me any gifts, just pick up any Filson catalog and throw a dart. Great stuff! The only other wool clothing that may be better is King of the Mountain. But it is much more expensive. I have one King of the Mountain pullover that I bought used. It is a fabulous hunting article.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I vote for filson. I bought the double layer bibs, and parker from a guy so he could spend money for king of mountain. I wore it on my kansas hunt last year. Very warm, and rugged. [Smile]

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
The Columbia Gallatin Range stuff is very good for a third to half the price. It does not have the "hydrophobic synthetic lining" that the Weatherby has. However, any close fitting good quality synthetic under this stuff would be about the same. I have found it works very well in damp, cold conditions. I wear Stanfields Superwash Merino longs, the Gallatin Range Pants, the Gallatin Range Jac-Shirt, with the Gallatin Range Jacket over the Jac-Shirt. Very warm, no damp chills. $230 for the Columbia pants, jac-shirt and jacket as opposed to $540 for the Weatherby Parka, Jac-Shirt and Pants.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
<HBH>
posted
Raven Wear is fleece with sherpa lining, very good in -0 in a stand hunting situation it is hard to beat. When it comes to wool King of the Mountain is on top in performance and of course you pay for it, but I have forgot what it costs, I like it that well their Bowman coat is the most versital piece of hunting apparel I own. The Bowman with the windblock works for me from 25 - 60, and fits like an old hat.

HBH

one of us
posted Hide Post
HBH, you got a web page for Raven Wear?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
<HBH>
posted
Mark,

Try www.ravenwear.ca or do a search using Raven Wear Fleece.

If you get interested call and speak with Susan Hinbo (Owner) she is a good gal and can for sure anwser any and all questions.

I use their Parka, vest and bibs alot when I hunt Alberta, and get the kind of weather we hope for, read cold like 0 or below. I have never used anything warmer, but it is not for moving around alot.

HBH