Find
Notify
Tools

Moose On The Loose
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted
I couldn't believe what I was hearing on the 6 o'clock news today. Apparently we now have moose in west central Wisconsin. Occasionally, I hear about them along our northern boarder but never this far south.

http://www.wqow.com/story/2668...ounty#at_pco=cfd-1.0

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1088 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!! Good for moose.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mostly not good for the moose lots of highways cars and trucks and no other moose.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We get moose from the UP around here.Almost every year there are sightings.A few years ago a collared Bull was video`d.He went as far south and west as Shawano before he headed back north.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Would you wisconsin types please tell me of the tick problems there ? I've heard it's very bad.I know you've had a problem there for a while ' Tick range is rapidly expanding !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes there are ticks in Wisconsin.Northern Wi. has more than southern Wi.Up here they get bad in May ,worse in June and are done by July.Some years are worse than others.I found only a half dozen ticks this year on my dogs and myself.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Southern WI seems to have more deer ticks, the tiny red-butted bastards that are the size of a pin-head. As a kid growing up in northern WI I only remember seeing the larger wood tick, and plenty of them. In SW WI I see just as many deer ticks.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1175 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote