New
Find
Notify
Tools

Euro Optics Inc.
 Login/Join

<Guest>
posted
I know it has been said before on this forum, but I am going to say it again.

It has been a real pleasure to do business with Alex Roy of Euro Optics.

I recently has the opportunity to purchase Leica Ultravid Binoculars from Alex( is that supposed to be binocular or binoculars, I never really knew which). I had the trinovid Bn binoculars (10x42) and although I found them to be excellent optically, I also found them to be quite heavy.
What a difference in the Ultravids concerning weight, and there is a bit of difference in optical quality as well.

And Alex Roy is a gentleman of the highest order. A businessman no doubt, but a gentleman as well.

I might hunt with cheap guns, but I don't make sacrifices when it comes to using my eyes.

Blue

one of us
posted Hide Post
Blue, I think your last point was an excellent one. I think that average hunter is better off with an average rifle and good optics. I've told several hunters that if you have 3 rifles sell 1 for a good pair of binoculars, and sell the other to buy a really good scope, hunt with the third. One guy did this and still thanks me.......DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
DJ

Well, I think your saying that the worst money spent is what one spends on stuff he doesn't want is excellent advice as well. Moreover, I have also found that in some items one is far better off buying the good stuff from an economic point of view. I paid $625 for my Trinovids years ago and was able to sell them for $750 (I kept them in great shape of course). That doesn't happen every time, but try to sell a cheap pair of binouclars or a cheap scope for what you paid for it and it just ain't goona happen.
Guns, on the other hand, are usually a different story, espcially most custom guns, becasue from the people I have talked to, including people on this forum, much of the pleasure of owning a custom gun comes from being an actual collaborator on that particular custom gun, even if it is just giving the maker some input on checkering design or (in Allen's and other's case) the color of the paint that goes on the glass stock.

eyes are damn important. One starts finding that out very quickly when one hits the big five O.

Blue

one of us
posted Hide Post
But a cheap rifle is almost as hard on the eyes as a bad pair of bino's .

Chuck

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
Chuck

You are damn right. Thats why I had to get glasses when I reached 50 because I hunted with all of those ugly cheap guns all of those years.

Blue

one of us
posted Hide Post
If anyone is in doubt about Alex Roy and Euro Optics just do a search in the Optics Forum using the keywords "alex euro" (without the quotes) and you set your mind at ease. Great guy to do business with and his word is as good as gold.
Paul

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree Alex Roy was a pleasure to do business with.

Posts: 48 | Location: Yukon | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
alex is good to go!

Posts: 315 | Location: SOUTHEAST USA | Registered: 26 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alex Roy is TOP drawer!

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote