New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is with the primer situation
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Good Lord. I went to several gun shops to purchase primers today!!!!
I couldn't find ANY large rifle primers at all. Lots of 209's but nothing for the rifle.
Good God, do we have a primer shortage?

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On secound thought, I bet these rotten stink-fingered liberals had somthing to do with this.
I've been away from AMERICA too long!!!!

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt, it is the next stab at gun control. If ya don't have ammo, buy all the guns you want.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I work at a firearms retailer in Western Maryland, Winchester, Remington and CCI are available, Federals are impossible due to military manufacturing.

Creekrat

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition."

Rudyard Kipling

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Here in the midwest, they are in short supply. Prices have gone from $16.99 per 1000 to $23.99 per 1000 in the last year.

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess alot of people are buying every primer they can find for the time being. I can go into a gun store one week and see boxes of 1000 on the shelf, 2 days later they are all gone. The prices going up doesn`t only apply to primers. Some of the el-cheapo bullets from a year ago are now at a premium price. Some brass prices have almost doubled as well.

Posts: 132 | Location: Huntertown,Indiana | Registered: 11 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's funny. I though I was just having bad luck at my local shops, but I've been having a hard time finding primers as well.

Shipping FedEx Ground keeps a small business running.

"I'm not late, I'm early for tomorrow."

Posts: 258 | Location: washington | Registered: 03 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anything made of any kind of metal, thank the chinese! Wire prices have been up and down for months, scrap prices are higher than I have ever seen them. And I am sure there is some manipulation as there is in all supply and demand situations.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup, gotta be the Chinese all right. There is so much metal in a primer I could definately see where availability is a problem.

stir

The chef

One of Us
Picture of hunting1
posted Hide Post
Sportsmans Wharehouse told me it was due to the Chineese market. We are selling out the country one wrotten pollitician at a time!

Good Shoot'n!

Posts: 90 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We have a pretty extensive war going on right now you know. Do you have nay idea how many rounds our armed forces and homeland peace keepers expend each month these days? It has gone up many fold.

Second hand info (one of only a hanful of people I would listen to regarding second info) from 2 months ago was that all primer availability would be impacted this year, with Federal doubly so. I bought enough to last me a couple of years 2 months ago. Went back a month ago to buy extra for my friend (they were already out in his part of the country) and they were sold out of almost eveyrthing.

There is no great conspiracy by the Left to enact some back door gun control, or plan by the CHinese to somehow take over our country by purchasing primers and the necessary metals. But then if you already believed that to be the case, it is likely that nothing will convince you otherwise

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HARDBALLER
posted Hide Post
I am laughing my ass off. WOW, lots of metal in those primers. Them Chinese are smarter than the guys that work at Sportsman's Warehouse, too. I mean who would have ever thought of that. Come to think of it Osama is probably hiding in Beijing.

Posts: 194 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With Quote