THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Wyoming draw results available July 5th- Online Now

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming draw results available July 5th- Online Now
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Here's the press release.

RESIDENT ELK, DEER, ANTELOPE AND NONRESIDENT DEER AND ANTELOPE DRAW RESULTS AVAILABLE JULY 5

6/29/2006

CHEYENNE – For some hunters, the toughest part of the hunt is almost over: drawing the license. For others, the results may bring about as much disappointment as spotting a huge buck, but not getting a shot.

On July 5, the results of the 2006 resident elk, deer and antelope license drawings and the nonresident deer and antelope drawings will be available on the Wyoming Game and Fish Department Web site, reports Jean Cole, License Section manager.

Interested hunters can also check the drawing results of up to three applicants by calling (307) 777-4655 beginning July 5.

Cole alerts hunters that leftover licenses for both residents and nonresidents -- except doe/fawn deer and antelope, and cow/calf elk -- will be issued in a second drawing. The application period for the second drawing is July 10-20 and the drawing is tentatively scheduled for Aug. 1. Applications and the leftover license list will be sent with refunds and are available at license agents, Game and Fish offices and the Web site. Leftover applicants are reminded not to submit license refund checks as payment.

Any licenses remaining after the second drawing will be sold “as processed†through the Game and Fish’s Cheyenne office.

Leftover doe/fawn antelope and deer, and cow/calf elk licenses will be sold first-come, first-served, at license agents in or near the respective hunt areas beginning Aug. 15. The specific agents and the number of licenses offered will be available from the Game and Fish Aug. 1.

For more information about 2006 big game licenses call the Game and Fish at (800) 842-1934 instate or (307) 777-4600 outside Wyoming.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12603 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
We drew for Antelope Type 1 for area 46 in Carbon County which opens September 25th.

Go to the Wyoming Game and Fish website here:
http://gf.state.wy.us/apps/licensedraw/index_test.asp

Good luck,

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12603 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
I didn't hit on area 35 elk or 117 elk. my wife got a 123 elk tag. Antelope tags were easy to get... My buddies so far have not done any good on elk either.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
My party of 4 were all drawn for antelope bucks and 2 does each. Whack and stack in September.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I drew an A deer tag. Plan on an early Sept archery whitetail hunt...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ELKMAN2:
I didn't hit on area 35 elk or 117 elk. my wife got a 123 elk tag. Antelope tags were easy to get... My buddies so far have not done any good on elk either.

A bull tag or cow tag?

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Wife got a cow tag, a buddie got a area 2 type 1, Fortification hunt, He is pumped.. He hit on a sheep tag the first year he applied a coup[lr years ago. this was his second year applying for area 2. Another friend got a 123 type 1 tag, he works in that area and should get a nice bull, my wife will hunt with him!!

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ELKMAN2:
Wife got a cow tag, a buddie got a area 2 type 1, Fortification hunt, He is pumped.. He hit on a sheep tag the first year he applied a coup[lr years ago. this was his second year applying for area 2. Another friend got a 123 type 1 tag, he works in that area and should get a nice bull, my wife will hunt with him!!

I think they split the seasons between the bull and cow hunt in 123. I thought the bull hunt was in Sept, and the cow hunt in November. Do they have a ranch lined up to hunt on? If so, they will have no problems killing an elk.

MG

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah, well. I guess one out of two isn't bad. I drew an elk tag, but didn't draw for mule deer.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn't draw shit! But my sons drew good elk tags and antelope. And one is 14 on the Bison priority list! So maybe we might eat this winter>>>>>>> Frowner

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
quote:
think they split the seasons between the bull and cow hunt in 123. I thought the bull hunt was in Sept, and the cow hunt in November. Do they have a ranch lined up to hunt on? If so, they will have no problems killing an elk.

Yeah, they did split them and yes he is set,he is a pumper and knows all the land owners. his son is the GW also.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I drew Deer and Antelope. I'll be up scouting every weekend between now and the season.

Drum

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drum-what area did you draw 4 lopes?

Thx

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Mark, sent you a PM

Drum

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Drew region D deer and area 52 type 2 any antelope with a friend of mine

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote