New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interbond and another mercy killing
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have had the 165 Interbonds for my 300wby since last Feb, and just recieved my 139gr Interbonds for my cow hunt with my 7stw 3530 av. fps. Went out this morning, opening day. To my surprize there were 17 in one bunch. They all took off running, I waited for them to stop. 320 yds the range finder said. Bam!! down it went. Aimed at the top of the back behind the shoulder. Twenty minutes to Eight. Still had till Jan-31,2004. When I got up to it, people were coming up the road. Punched the tag #'s and rolled it on it back to start gutting it. Son Of A Bitch, a big absess the size of basket ball between its front legs. A Game warden came after calling him. He popped it and brownish fluid poured all over, and then some funny looking matter came out in chunks. He said, I would not take a chance on eating it myself and gave me another tag. 2 years ago, another elk same Location, absess between the hind legs, my friend cut around it, then popped it. Blood clots and white chunks came out. Pee U, Just walked away. An my first elk 1971, whole left hind quarter after skinning it, I could see a little hole. Cut around it, the deeper I went the more gangrene, Talk about stink, [[ blew lunch ]] all over the elk. My biggest 4 point was in under a cedar tree. Knew I could shoot aleast 4 times. Amined at the head, missed judged the shot, it jumped, and shot another one only higher. What a thud a 139gr Interlock 3240fps 7 mag. Started down the hill and up the other side. Got with in 20ft and could smell some thing dead. I got up the the rear end first and could see what looked like claw markes down one hind leg, and a chunk gone out of the other side of the hind quarter, again green, and stuff just leaking out. Walked away. Today was my 19th elk out of 20 draws. Anyone had such luck as I have had??

one of us
posted Hide Post
I work with a guy that kills elk like you're talking about. He always cries about his luck,right after he talks about how easy these particular elk were to hunt.
The reason they're so easy to hunt and kill,is because they're sofuckin' sick they can't think straight.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote