THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Potential New #1 record P&Y Kodiak

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Potential New #1 record P&Y Kodiak
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Check out this Bear and the story that goes with it web page P&Y Kodiak

Posts: 2299 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My good buddy was hunting with the same outfitter at the same time Bob took his brute, they even had dinner together before their hunts--they thought it would be the new #1, but it needed to dry out--it's flat out awesome, that's for sure---chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
FIFTEEN YARDS?

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!!

amazing, even if i couldnt dl the vid
jeffe

Posts: 38555 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With a bow!!! That gets a major WOW!!!

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very cool! WOW! [Eek!]

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!!! Absolutely AWESOME!!!!

(I would sure hope the fella had a PH with a very large gun backing him up. If the bear made 45 yards in 10 seconds it might well have been through the archer!)

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Bear, Bigger Cojones!

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AAAAAAAAWSOME BEAR, The Guy's got a pair that clank. I would have ruined my shorts on this one.

Posts: 223 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Kodiak 45/70>
posted
While it DOES take some serious CAJONES for a hunt like this, when ***MOST*** bears are hit they run in the direction they are already facing...that being said, if he had a good broadside shot (I didn't see the video) or a quartering away shot, then the bear would probably have run away from him.

I saw this thing before it was all packed up and ready to ship...simply amazing!!! [Eek!]

<Paul Machmeier>
posted
Absolutely a great bear! Congratulations. Just confirms what I always knew about bow hunters,"THEY ARE NUTS". Or else a skillful, courageous hunter who can stalk within range without the adrenilin pumping and put a stick into this beast. Bet a lot of guys would pass on a 15 yd rifle shot, when facing head on, with 30 cal or less.

Well done!

<Gunnut45/454>
posted
Saw the vid on TV hunting show- the bear ran right at him and at the last second went right from what I remmber it was him and camera guy- if the camera guy was his back-up he would have had no chance becuase the bear was by him in a flash!!! I though the bear was going to kill him but just flow by him like he didn't see him.

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Gotta give that guy some respect even if he is NUTS! 15' from that monster with only a bow and my friut of the looms would be swiss cheese.. [Big Grin]

Way nice Kodiak..!

Posts: 10156 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is my policy not to shoot anything with a head larger than the hood of a Volkswagon. [Eek!]
 -

Lest anyone be misled, NO, that hunter is NOT me. I am safely at home hiding under the bed.

[ 12-19-2002, 09:07: Message edited by: Pecos45 ]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tremendous bear! I noticed its teeth looked quite worn. Did anyboby get its age?

Posts: 12909 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Bob called me today to see I would be available to score the skull.

I am looking forward to seeing this monster. [Wink]

jim dodd
SCI Master Measurer

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,
Make sure you take your camera when you do!
I had the privilidge of seeing and holding a Elk rack that is not documented as who killed it but we had it scored at our RMEF local banquet. I can't remember the exact score but it was well over 400 and placed in the top 10 I believe. It was absolutly huge!

So I would like to see pictures of the scoring and also you with the skull>

As for having the guts (or other parts) to hunt a Kodiak with a bow, that is something I most definetly don't have [Big Grin]

Congratulations Bob!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote