THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Anyone hunted w/Milk River Outfitters in eastern Montana?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hunted w/Milk River Outfitters in eastern Montana?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wondering what experiences y'all may have had... Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I had buddies that have hunted there and liked it until the deer die off just a season or two ago

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand that the Milk River corridor lost 75% or more of the deer in a lot of areas because of EHD (Blue Tongue)a year or two ago. There have been a couple hunting shows that highlighted the number of carcasses dead along the water.

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Eric and Milk River Outfitters is hunting down on the Powder River some now as well. I suspect because of the EHD up in the actual Milk River area. I know the Powder River are is fantastic. I am hunting with Eric there in October. He has one lease that is trophy only and bow only.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FYI: The EHD epidemic took a serious toll across eastern Montana. Check with FWP to see if the specific area you plan to hunt was effected and how much. In a favorite area of mine a difference of less than 10 miles means the difference in seeing a few deer, bucks or does, per day to seeing several nice bucks, mule deer and/or whitetail, every day. By the way the Powder is not what it once was, my friends and I stopped hunting there for mule deer years ago since trophy quality on publicly accessible land has generally degraded massively since the 80's and 90's. We also noted less really nice bucks coming off some of the leased properties. There are exceptions so ask your outfitter for some dates on those pictures of 26 to 36 inch bucks on the brochures... 4x4's have been replaced my 3x3 or even giant forks in the breeding population due to over harvest in several areas.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote