New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long Range targets
 Login/Join

<MOA>
posted
I know this is off topic but I didn't know where to post. Anyways- I am wondering if anyone knows of a place to order Large (like 20inch by 20) for long range taget shooting. Something I'd be able to see with my Leupold LR 4-14 at 1000 plus yards.

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
American Target Company in Denver, Colorado. I don't have a number, but they should be in the book.

Posts: 3844 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Speedwell might also have what you need.

Posts: 598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 16 June 2000Reply With Quote
<PrimeTime>
posted
nationaltarget.com they have anything you need

<Reloader66>
posted
I use a large white cardboard sheet 4 feet by 5 feet. Use a black magic marker and place a large X from corner to corner. It is an automatic response for any shooter looking through a scope to center the cross hairs on the middle of the target.

posted Hide Post
For some time now I've been involved in shooting, testing to 3000 yd.s. Tried all color variations blue on tan, etc. Found black on white the best by far. At longer distance we shoot at night to minumilize the mirage and also the wind.

We make targets out of plywood, covered with butcher (white) paper. Then cut the circles out of black cardboard.

We use a 20" for 1000 yd.s or whatever is required for the enviromental's. And, a larger, whatever is needed for longer ranges.

Make yor own, because you can vary it with what you need at the time.

Good Huntin'
Dave.

Posts: 9 | Location: usa | Registered: 13 June 2002Reply With Quote
<Jeff S>
posted
If you REALLY want to do some 1,000 yard shooting you should arrange to use a Highpower rifle range with pull targets and a pit. Otherwise you'll spend all day driving back and forth and you'll not get much done. Also, the 1,000 yard target boards are 6 feet x 6 feet and trust me, you'll need all that and would want more on a windy day. I've seen the national long range high power champion use 3 rounds just to get the wind dialed in and the rounds on the target. I also have personally had as much as 90 inches of windage applied at 1,000 yards. It ain't the bullet drop that's your enemy...its the wind.