THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Youth Turkey from the Hill Country this weekend

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Youth Turkey from the Hill Country this weekend
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Ella and I went hunting this weekend. We both got a pig Friday night and she got this fella Saturday morning. We were in a cedar bow blind using a Cherry Bomb call - he kept circling looking for the third hen (there two other live ones with him) and Ella got him on the 4th pass with her shotgun.

My buddy got a nice tom that evening. I didn't have any luck. I left Ella Saturday evening to pick up the truck and 2 minutes after I left a big tom came up to my decoys. He was scared away a few moments later by a ginormous hog that came down a sendero. The pig ran off when it heard my truck approaching. She was laughing and I knew what happened before I even asked her. Same spot last year, same pig, same thing happend with 3 turkey to my wife and me.

BTW - she's 5'6" for scale

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a well done hunt.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2

Posts: 3049 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote