New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Number of Deer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I think it's plain to see that the explosion of whitetails in the upper mid-west is directly related to the expanding wolf populations. I believe Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, has something on the order of 10 times the wolves of all the Western states combined. It's obvious they need more wolves

Jeff

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Where I hunt in California the deer herds have been devastated. Could we perhaps share some of our cougars with you?

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
While most of the state is still hobbled with a restrictive limit of 10-15 deer the new more liberal area allows me to havest something like 143 deer.

Hey I would love to get to your state and spend some money and time whether I hunted or not!

Posts: 4244 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
People in our area keep sighting cougars as it is. The Iowa DNR held an informational meeting last month, that got a lot of media coverage loaclly. It seems in the midwest the cougars strongly resemble yellow labs. damn sneaky cats Actually cougars have been documented in Iowa, we have had one road kill, and one killed by a farmer. So far at least we can shoot them.

DGK

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just kidding Blacktailer. Although the Michigan DNR won't officially committ one way or the other there have been quite a few cougar sightings in this state. Mostly in the Upper Penninsula.

Blue, I'd love to hunt the big woods of Northern Minnesota. Big country like the UP is. Realistically though the southern counties produce more and bigger bucks. I was having coffee Saturday morning and had 8 bucks standing in my back yard.

Jeff

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote