New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming draw results!
 Login/Join

Picture of dzpoorjr
posted
The Wyoming draw results are be posted now! Didn't draw an antelope buck for the 3rd year in a row-but did get the usual 2 doe tags in unit 47!

KILL THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT!

Posts: 62 | Location: SAFFORD, AZ. | Registered: 22 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
You can't get in to the site right now. Here's what the message says:

"The Wyoming Game and Fish Site is currently experiencing high volumes"

Well, duh!!!
roflmao

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Well, golly gee, I drew an antelope tag: Unit 87 type 1

~Ann

Posts: 19171 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Antlope Type 1, area 005.

All skill is in vain when a demon pisses on your gunpowder.

Posts: 262 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How in the world did you guys ever get on their webpage? I've been trying for 2 hours, its so sloooooow that I keep timeing out and I'm on a T1 line Eeker

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Well, I've been trying all day too, and just sat down and found that we drew type 1 tags for unit 32.

My brother, my friend from Columbus, and me. Guess we'll be out opening week in late Sept.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
It took me a few times but I got in. I drew a area49 bull elk tag and area 3 Buck antelope

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Well, I finally got on the website but no tag for me this year.

bawling

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
I finally got on the site and found out I got an area 11 cow elk tag. clap jumpLooks like my .375 is going to get some exercise.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got an area 64 additional cow tag and a late season limited whitetail. Big Grin

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Elkslayer
posted Hide Post
The hunting gods smiled on me! Big Grin

Bull tag area 7 clap

NRA Life member, H-D FLHTC, Hunter Ed instructor, And a elk huntin' fool!

Posts: 452 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 15 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mule deer tag for area "G". I guess I have to take the wife along again.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No luck this year. I'll keep trying. Good luck and safe hunting. Tell us, if you get a BIG one! Regards, AIU

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm going to put in for the leftover tags in the area next to the one I regularily hunt. Luckily the rancher I know there has a small piece of land (20 sq miles) across the road in that area.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Area 53, type 1 antelope for me. I've been trying for that tag for four years. I saw alot of nice buck Antelope while hunting Mule Deer there a few years ago.

I have a system: I pretend to work and they pretend to pay me!

Posts: 106 | Location: Cuero, TX. | Registered: 15 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Struck out in 46 for the third year in a row.On EVERYTHING!Had a string of lucky years a while back,but now I'm in a slump.Oh well,congrats to all those who pulled a tag.Anywhere,For anything.May have to look for leftover cow/doe tags,just to get out there.Dave

Posts: 156 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: 29 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Our group of 6 couldn't get any goat or deer tags either. We'll try again. I guess I'll just have to go back to Ontario for whitetail instead. Congrats to all who were succesful

Posts: 150 | Location: upper michigan | Registered: 27 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TxRandy...I drew an tag for the same hunt. Good luck, maybe I will see you there.

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I got my antelope tag, unit 45 type 1. Sure hope I get a big buck antelope. Now I just have to wait for September.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
Area 45 is where I am going to be hunting antelope this year. It is about 5 min. from my house.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Joe, great to hear. Seen any nice bucks in the area? I'll be with a guide, but who knows, I may run into you and never know it.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Here is another winner for Area 53 Type 1 goat tag. First time I've drawn in 6 years!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
Missed antelope again this year. Oh well, I have a CO. deer tag to keep me from getting too unhappy.

It is not enough to fight for natural land and the west; it is even more important to enjoy it...So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends...

- Edward Abbey

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevens:
Joe, great to hear. Seen any nice bucks in the area? I'll be with a guide, but who knows, I may run into you and never know it.

PM sent.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

one of us
Picture of sbhva
posted Hide Post
Region E deer tags for me and my hunting partner.

Steve

Posts: 120 | Location: Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got my deer tag for area C and my antelope tage for area 20 type 1!!!

This will be a fun year!!! I love Wyoming!

D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WyoJoe:
Area 45 is where I am going to be hunting antelope this year. It is about 5 min. from my house.

WyoJoe,
What's the access situation for a non-res in 45? I keep putting in for 46 and bombing out.I thought 45 didn't have much public access.IS it hard to secure permission? I see 45 still had some leftover tags and I'm clutching at straws at this point.Thanks,Dave

Posts: 156 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: 29 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveP:
WyoJoe,
What's the access situation for a non-res in 45? I keep putting in for 46 and bombing out.I thought 45 didn't have much public access.IS it hard to secure permission? I see 45 still had some leftover tags and I'm clutching at straws at this point.Thanks,Dave

There is a little bit of public land right out side of Laramie. There are some decent bucks but nothing in B&C class.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I drew Area 83 Antelope. This will be my first antelope hunt. I live in the unit so I'm hoping to have some time to look over the bucks. I didn't draw elk or deer.

Posts: 210 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you drew something Ralphie! There are some nice antelope in 83, my #3 son shot an 82 inch one last year on owl creek.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well that's where I'll be hunting, on owl creek. Which means pretty much out my back door. We still live on the HD.

Posts: 210 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drew a deer tag for area A. I will be hunting mule deer on our little piece of ground about 10 mile east of Pine Haven.

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote