New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Elk Bonus Pts. Non-Res
 Login/Join

<JoeATCA>
posted
I have just finished reviewing the Colorado Fish & Game website for the bull elk controlled license drawing results. Under non-residents quotas there is a zero in every bull hunt. Yet the non-resident columns show that thousands of non-residents are applying for these hunts. Am I correct in the interpretation that there are no non-resident bull tags for the controlled hunts or am I missing something? I tried getting an answer from the Division of Wildlife but they give cryptic answers. Has anyone on this forum drawn a non-resident bull tag for a controlled zone in Colorado lately?

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
It's my understanding that there are no non-resident quotas for deer,elk or antelope. Everyone is given preference points and the applicant who has the most get the tag. Everyone with the same number of points is in the same pool.

Now with sheep, goats, & moose---there are quotas on resident & non-resident tags.

Posts: 600 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
<JoeATCA>
posted
Thanks for the reply Bob. I have eight points accurred and thought I was wasting my time. I don't understand why the F&G staff who emailed me didn't just say so.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would call them (303.291.7405) and ask so you can wade through the cryptic answers.

I'm not sure about the controlled hunts but there is a limit as to how many non-resident licenses are given. Now, zero is a mighty low number!

Posts: 249 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 15 March 2002Reply With Quote