New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Bullet Performance
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thanks..fredj335, Deke, 308 TIKKA, Ton A, Blackstone, CastlePeak, POP for the replies....i might have to try the accubonds 160s

Posts: 134 | Location: Eastern,USA | Registered: 03 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Hey Oldguns - wanta' break them unused cartridges down and send the Scirocco's to me, seein's how you no longer need 'em?

R-WEST

PS - Did you send the pics of that big buck, yet? I was digging around on my desk this AM and came across the ones you sent last year. Nice, very nice!!

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These are all answers you would never need with a Nosler partition....The bullet is the least expensive part of a hunt, so why not use a premeuim bullet...I hunted back when most bullets failed some of the time, I never want to deal with those long drawn out tracking jobs again...

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have experienced 3 pass-throughs on deer and one deep penetration with 150 interbonds from a 308 win. The one that did not exit broke the leg of a lying deer, then broke through the brisket (it was a low shot), continued through the vitals, paunch, and offside ham and came to rest against the offside femur. It retained 130 gns. I am a big fan of this bullet and am excited for a 180 to hit the market (in IB or Accubond, as I have had great accuracy from the Accubonds, too).

Ray,

I respect your opinion (and, believe it or not, you have changed my view on at least one topic). However, I'm not sure why you are so particular about bullet selection while being so lax about cartridge choice. For instance, I noticed that you support the use of a .223 on deer, but seem to knock the use of a bonded bullet for the same animal, even when fired from a cartridge that is clearly capable of downing deer--even with a less-than-ideal bullet. I have used neither on deer, but I would rather take a 308 into the field with a matchking than a 223 with any bullet. What gives?

Posts: 159 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 11 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray... Have read your post more than a few times. What are you trying to say? I DID think I was choosing a "Premium Bullet" for my needs, which was to shoot a big deer at moderate to long distance. Expense of bullet had nothing to do with it!! I have also hunted back when bullets failed.

Posts: 134 | Location: Eastern,USA | Registered: 03 February 2002Reply With Quote