THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    O/T - exporting firearms out of the US.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

O/T - exporting firearms out of the US.
 Login/Join

posted
I know this probably isnt the right forum for this post, and i hope the moderators dont mind. I figure its the only place ill find someone that can give me an answer though.
I posted a wanted ad in the classifieds section for a Browning superposed. I need someone willing to post it to Sydney Australia. I understand U.S. export laws have been tightened and sellers need to complete paperwork and apply for an export permit.
Can someone point me in the right direction in relation to this gray area plz.

Warm regards

Posts: 69 | Location: Sydney | Registered: 14 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You need:

1) US exporter
2) Aussie import license
3) purchase order
4) US form DSP-83 filled in (exporter will probably provide)
5) gun forwarded to US exporter (FFL holder)

With all the above prerequisites, your US exporter can apply for a US export license for you. It varies how long that takes - up to 60 days, sometimes longer...

With US export license in hand, the gun can be shipped to you in Aussie-Land. Upon arrival, you have to take care of Aussie import (Aussie import papers in hand) and Aussie customs, VAT etc etc.

The trick is to find a good (and affordable) US exporter. I have used several, but they are either out of business or not recommendable.

Several AR members that I know of have successfuly used this exporter: http://hurricanebutterflyresearch.com/. He seems reliable, but the prices are fairly salty.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah, here is a URL to download the DSP-83 form...

http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/li...documents/DSP_83.pdf

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Cheers mate, its obviously not a straight forward affair. Appreciate your answer.

Posts: 69 | Location: Sydney | Registered: 14 March 2004Reply With Quote