New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mountain Lion Regulations Montana
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone heard that they have new regulations for Mountain Lion this year in Montana.
I keep hereing a Rumor that they went to a Draw system for License.

Posts: 1457 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope, $19.00 otc for res, $320.00 otc for non. To add though most ares have a quota and will be shut down once the quota has been reached.

Posts: 322 | Location: Three Forks, Montana | Registered: 02 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
Blaser

I read that someplace as well... Maybe shoot an email to someone at the MT F&G

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blaser93: About 6 of the 35 or so areas for Mt. Lions will be limited entry or permits only (by drawing) this coming year. The rest of the areas will be over the counter licensing - same as before.
The word is that the reason for this change was that a year or so ago "perfect" Mt. Lion Hunting conditions prevailed for several days! And so many Mt. Lions were killed by the over the counter tag system and before they could census and close the season (because the quota had been surpassed) that they have instituted the drawing system for those areas.
I heard that 17 Lions were taken in an area that had a quota of 5.
I think I remember correctly that the limited entry tags will only be for some of the areas in the NW corner of the state - that were affected by this type of "over-harvest" (over quota take).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote