New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chadwick Ram
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I happened to be in Cody this past week. Thought that anyone who hasn't seen that Ram might enjoy a photo of it. It truly is magnificent.

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Looks like a North American Argali Smiler

That must have been neat to see.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Amazing ram, thanks for the pict.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Thats an amazing ram! A friend of mine did the taxidermy on that mount, it looks terrific

Drum

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Drummondlindsey: I heard it was my OLD friend Buzzy Cook that did the re-taxidermy on that beautiful trophy.
Are we on the same page?
By the way Buzzy and I share the same birthday - month day and year!
I have other Buzzy Cook stories if he's your friend as well.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
impressive isn't enough to say--thanks for the pic----chris

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a very important animal. It should have been a full-body mount set in a diorama like at the Museum of Natural History in NYC.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 691 | Location: UTC+8 | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
VarmintGuy,

We are on the same page and I would love to hear some Buzzy stories sometime! He is a GREAT guy!

Drum

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Or how about this ram that died of natural causes in Colorado;

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
The Chadwick ram must have been a lover, not a fighter. Almost no brooming of the horns. It's a beautiful speciman for sure.

I've seen a bunch of pics floating around the internet of the Colorado ram. He was much photographed when alive and a phenomenal speciman as well.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mighty Peace
posted Hide Post
There is a nice full size Bronzed statute of the Chadwick ram in Ft. Nelsen, BC. If you ever drive up to Alaska, make sure to stop and see it as its on the west side of the Alska HWY as you driv ethru the north part of town.

Posts: 431 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote