Tools

Armadillo's revenge.....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
quote:
Texas man shoots armadillo, gets hit in face by bullet ricochet
By Lisa Maria Garza July 31, 2015

DALLAS (Reuters) - An East Texas man was wounded after he fired a gun at an armadillo in his yard and the bullet ricocheted back to hit him in his face, the county sheriff said on Friday.

Cass County Sheriff Larry Rowe said the man, who was not identified, went outside his home in Marietta, southwest of Texarkana, at around 3 a.m. on Thursday morning. He spotted the armadillo on his property and opened fire.

"His wife was in the house. He went outside and took his .38 revolver and shot three times at the armadillo," Rowe said.

The animal's hard shell deflected at least one of three bullets, which then struck the man's jaw, he said.

The man was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut, according to Rowe.

The status of the animal is unknown.

"We didn't find the armadillo," the sheriff said.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not only that, apparently they carry Leprosy as well.

http://www.wuft.org/news/2015/...sy-rates-in-florida/

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Did the Armadillo have a name?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think he wants to remain anonymous until he is cleared based on self defense.....or he can reload.

This story was on yahoo (and others). Some of the comments are pretty funny, and, of course, there are the usual animal lovers, some can even spell......

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This guy needs better bullets.
Buy him some CEB Solids to take on these armored beasts.

He can't shoot anymore Dillos until he reads every page of the terminal ballistics thread.

Mark

Posts: 1236 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
serves him right, trying to murder a poor creature like that.

Do we know yet if the Armadillo was an "Undocumented Immigrant" or he had a family?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
They have a habit of making bullets ricochet.

Remember this from April 14 of this very year: Georgia man wounds mother-in-law after bullet ricochets off armadillo

quote:
Carol Johnson suffers non-life-threatening injuries after bullet kills animal, rebounds, hits fence, travels through back door and recliner, before striking her in back

They are nasty beasts. I ate so many of them in the swamps of Florida I still get the taste in my mouth when I see one.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Possum on the Halfshell

Posts: 1236 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Clark:
Possum on the Halfshell

They taste a helluva lot better than possum.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank God my car doesn't ricochet!

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
Thank God my car doesn't ricochet!

Do you throw your car at armadillos?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote