Find
Notify
Tools

Pulled a few from the ARCHIVES!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
I've been meaning to scan some old photos into my computer and finally got around to it this afternoon. I thought some of you guys might get a kick out of these....haha.

These five pics were taken in 1995 and 1996....when I first got started hunting critters larger than squirrels.

My first Whitetail....taken in Caldwell, TX (age 7)

My first rabbit hunt....done in Sabinal, TX while Dad was treating some clients to a bow hunt (age 8)

My first Blackbuck....taken at 196 yards with my little 250 Savage in Medina, TX (age 8)

My first Axis.....also taken in Medina, TX on the same day as the Blackbuck. He was an ANCIENT old buck with no teeth and a relatively small rack...but I was proud of him!! (age 8)

Looking through these photos brought back memories....glad I have them on the computer now. Hope you guys get a chuckle or two out of seeing my MUCH younger self Big Grin Little did Dad know....he was creating a monster!! LOL.

17 years later....my third Axis buck, taken in June 2012 (age 24)

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great stuff ES.
You have had the good fortune to have experiences that men three times your age don't have. Here's wishing you "Bona Fortuna" in all your efforts.

“May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, The foresight to know where you are going, And the insight to know when you have gone too far”

Keep us posted.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Excellent memories Wade. I have close to 40 years worth of pictures that I need to get put on discs.

Mighty powerful words of wisdom Geedubya. tu2 beer

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Excellent memories Wade. I have close to 40 years worth of pictures that I need to get put on discs.

Mighty powerful words of wisdom Geedubya. tu2 beer

Discs are a great idea....but I also HIGHLY recommend you subscribe to a service like this:

Carbonite Online Back-up

I've used Carbonite for almost a year now....and it is wonderful. For $59 a year, you are allowed unlimited storage on their online server from one personal/work computer. It ensures all your files and photos are safe, even if your house burns up with your computer inside. You can simply re-download all the information onto your new computer. Not only is it great for back-up....but you can also access and download your files from anywhere in the world, all you need is an internet connection.

GREAT service....and worth every penny to me.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will check into that, after I get all the "Hard Copies" changed into something that isn't a 4x6 glossy.

Thanks for the info.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boy! You sure were a cute kid! Wink

Seriously, though, I envy you your childhood. Good on you.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
In 1995 you were 7? In 1995 my children triplets were 15 and my youngest 12 years old.

I have clothes older than you. I feel old now.

Edited to blow your mind.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12569 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In 1995 you were 7? In 1995 my children were 15 and 12 years old.

If my first wife and I would have had kids right after we married, they would have been in their 20's in 1995.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great stuff.

I really liked your first Chital stag - classic beauty with dark almost black back band.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11016 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote