Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold VX-1 scope "alert"
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted
Thanks to the "Why Leupold" forum, I just put a Leupold VX-I 2-7x on my 416 Mag and it's a beautiful scope...only problem is that the info says each increment is equal to 1/4 inch at 100 yds. This is not the case. It's 1/2 inch at 100 yds. I kept overcompensating at 100 (and 50) yds. Each time I would count the hash marks and the bullet ended up in the going past the desired impact point exactly as far as it was short..hard to follow, I know. Otherwise, it's a fantastic scope!!

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's the same as with the original Vari-X II -- the adjustment always moved more than the hash marks would indicate. Why Leupold never corrected this has always been a mystery to me. Still, for the money, I would rather have the Vari-X II or the new VX-I than any other scope on the market.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So what, now you know what it moves with each increment, all scopes will vary as to the adjustments..even weather can change that. were only talking about 1/4 inch differenciation or less. (did I spell that right?)

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
4x4, check back with us in about 2 or 3 hundred full house rounds and let us know if it stood up to the long haul. I may be something of a luddite but when the manufacturer tells me "new and improved", and the original is doing a good job, it scares me.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
Beeman, 50 rounds thru it so far and no complaints yet(at least about the scope...my shoulder, however............) The gun is quite accurate.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
<rock42>
posted
I just picked up a new vx-1 in 3-9x40. it is my understanding that the vx-1 is the same as the old vari-x II. they just cut the line down to three models and got rid of a lot of the options. anyways the new vx-1 to me looks a lot like the old vari-x II. I would be interested in how the new vx-II line works and holds up and how it compares to a burris ff 2.

<Deafdog>
posted
Hey Ray
NO
Differentiation
Well you did ask!
Regards
Deafdog

PS
I couldn't spell it right either.
Just as well my better half can spell.

PPS
Just to let you know about my better half.
She is reading "Grand Ambition" by Lisa Michaels.
She described a scene she was reading,where a buck suddenly appears.Then she said to me, "you know what I thought when I read that,I hope he shoots it,I was hungry at the time".
Well in the book thats exactly what happens.
What a women!

Regards
Deafdog

------------------
deafdog@turboweb.net.au
http://deafdog.turboweb.net.au