Find
Notify
Tools

Perfect day?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
I have waited for this day for a while. Not a specific date on a calendar, not a preset time. Just waiting for the perfect combination.

It's duck season in Texas. It's drizzling. I am sitting in my truck in complete darkness. Decoys are set, 15 min till legal light. Even if I don't see a duck, it's been great. The anticipation, the memories of days like this in my youth.

I miss this.

Gotta go.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope you bagged out mate!!! Screw the solitude and anticipation.... burn powder!!! Smiler

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have waited for this day for a while. Not a specific date on a calendar, not a preset time. Just waiting for the perfect combination.

It's duck season in Texas. It's drizzling. I am sitting in my truck in complete darkness. Decoys are set, 15 min till legal light. Even if I don't see a duck, it's been great. The anticipation, the memories of days like this in my youth.

I miss this.

I know just what you mean, an incredible feeling, THIS is what hunting is about!

Go get'um.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
The anticipation is as good as the hunt.
Good luck!

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
This hunt reminded me of one I had when I was in High School. Wet, muddy, got skunked and I jacked up the transmission in my truck.

Nostalgia is overrated. Big Grin

Still, other than the truck, it was enjoyable. I will be doing it again soon.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, you use less ammo that way too Cool

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote