New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Arizona and Barnes update...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Arts. M16 has bragged about ownint two ranches in Texas and never having to worry about where to hunt. Pretty much tells me what kind of selfish S.O.B. he is. At least he will probably always be able to hunt, unlike the rest of us unwashed peons. He once stated that he didn't care if elk tags went up to $15,000. Guess that says where he stands moneywise.
He suggests that people like me should get a job or a second job. At my age, about the only job I could find might be as a greeter at walmart. At those piss poor wages, I'd be dead and buried before I could get enough to affaord a decent hunt and too damned old if I did live that long. Then, I'd still have to draw a tag. So, for all practical purposes, I will no longer be able to hunt. So M16, piss on you!
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
M16, I fear that you are either quite naive or quite wealthy. What I think you don't realize is that this action, if upheld and implemented, won't make hunting tough for the average workingman; it will make it impossible. It will be limited to the wealthy, as it is in Europe. A second job won't cut it. A guy making $75K a year won't be hunting big game. It's not about the government supplying a place to hunt; it's about the government taking away the places to hunt, or at least blocking the ability to afford to hunt there--except for the wealthy. Hunting as we know it can't exist when it is a product made available to the highest bidder. 1% of those that desire to hunt will be the highest bidders; the other 99% of the "hunters"--not the populace per se, but the hunters--will be out. Are you capable of being in that 1%? Perhaps you are; indeed, it sounds as though you are. If so, I congratulate you on attaining such status and I certainly don't begrudge you for it, but understand that the vast majority of us are not.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Kelso, I'm in agreement with you on this. I have suspected that Wstrnhuntr had some other motive all along. Thank you for making that post.

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Quote:

How long has this lawsuit been going on? Seven Years? Now Realtree drops their sponsorship of USO and they are clear? I don't normally shoot Barnes bullets but I may just buy a couple of boxes. Quit your damn whinning and suck it up. I may never be able to hunt again..........BooHoo. How about doing like the rest of the people. Get a job or a second job and hunt your ass off. Some of you people are like welfare recipients. If the government doesn't supply you with a place to hunt you can't do it on your own.

Did you purposely reply to me? Or are you simply replying to someone else in the thread? I'd like to know before I add a response.

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
OK.

FWIW, I am a sole proprietor as well. And have been blessed with many places to hunt and good hunting buddies to boot, in several different states...no hunting guides or fees.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

How long has this lawsuit been going on? Seven Years? Now Realtree drops their sponsorship of USO and they are clear? I don't normally shoot Barnes bullets but I may just buy a couple of boxes. Quit your damn whinning and suck it up. I may never be able to hunt again..........BooHoo. How about doing like the rest of the people. Get a job or a second job and hunt your ass off. Some of you people are like welfare recipients. If the government doesn't supply you with a place to hunt you can't do it on your own.

Sound to me like someone who never had to work. Is it daddy's money or a rich uncle?

Posts: 725 | Location: Upstate Rural NY | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Did you purposely reply to me? Or are you simply replying to someone else in the thread? I'd like to know before I add a response.

My apologies Doc. No it wasn't mean't toward you. You were just the one who started this thread.

Quote:

Sound to me like someone who never had to work. Is it daddy's money or a rich uncle?

crazyjjk: Well it really wouldn't make a difference. I don't hold it against anybody who go their wealth the old fashioned way. I am afraid in my case it was through hard work and long hours. I had a dead end job and decided that I didn't want to work for somebody else the rest of my life. So I did something about it. I started my own business.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just Ducky, building a house in central BC for when I retire again. Get in touch if you get up this way.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If this crap holds, then all these years I've been praying and hoping to get a desert sheep tag will be over, because now it will be a virtual guaruntee that I'll never get one. At least before I had a chance, slim, but a chance. This basically wipes out hope for residents. Hunting is now much closer to becoming the elitist activity that it is in Europe and much of the world. Very soon very few of us will be able to afford it. It will be limited to the wealthy. Yep, those guys really helped us average guys out--right out of the picture.

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.azuho.com/graphics/USO_letter.pdf

This might be of interest. Its not about whats right its about greed. From the letter " Bighorn quotas will be gone by next year"!! also "Montana has been notified".
Nevada is already weighing its options, they set aside their rule 20 already, (unknown what that is by me).
coues

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I agree. Even though I'm in Ohio, I'll never be able to afford a sheep hunt. FWIW, truly sorry this whole thing is happening to you western residents.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I heard over the weekend from a local G&F employee that Kansas was also notified of an impending law suit. This same G&F employee also said that a hunter who had applied via USO for a Nevada tag drew the tag but wanted to employ another outiftter and USO will not give him his tag. The guy will have to result to legal action to get his tag and my not even get possesion until after hunting season.

USO is burning some bridges. But it will benefit nonresidents. Rich mans sport. I wonder what some of the other outfitters are thinking. Maybe it's time to buy an outfitting business since a living will be owed to those that outfit.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
As far as Im concerned, the lack of a formal statement and continued support of the USO speaks volumes of Barnes' position. But I dont expect them to come out and say it.

Some have asked why the other thread that I perpetuated only called for a boycott of Barnes. That is a fair question and a good point.

I wouldnt knowingly support any of their (USO's) sponsors at this time. But I feel that as a member of the Utah F&G commision, for Connie to continue to support the USO does not go well with her public service position.

Whats more, I dont trust Barnes. I think their marketing tactics are as blatantly decietfull as you can get and that the above report just reflects their tendancy to tell people what they want to hear reguardless of where the truth lies.

Maybe Im just a little too biased about this, but Im just callin it like I see it. After all, as mentioned before this thing is not just about what is wrong or right but its deeply rooted in greed.

Posts: 10160 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me start by making it clear that I dispise USO, particlarly for what they did with this suit, but, that is immaterial. If a guy hired them to apply for them and signed a contract stating that they would use USO's service if drawn, then that guy better do it. If he didn't sign a contract, then it is his tag, not USO's and USO should have nothing to say except "damn"! I question this anyway, because the application surely would have been filled out with the guys name and address, hence the tag sent to him, not USO.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cannot the hunter ask for a duplicate tag from nevada and then deal with any USO legal issues later and just hire a new outfitter and go hunt?
I understand theres contracts and all but some sort of way out to just get the hunt in should be available.
(Maybe its time to start up a sportsman legal defense fund just to fight uso for tags and guide/outfitter costs)

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote