THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    416 Taylor.............., bone crusher!!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

416 Taylor.............., bone crusher!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Don't worry, be happy!!
I just want to give a happy report from my first "big game" kill, using my new 416 Taylor.
As I mentioned earlyer i wanted to try the 340grs Woodleigh, leaving in approx. 2350 f/s. I was exited about what the bullet would do to the meat, and i'm very pleased.
I shoot a small bull (Norwegian moose) on approx. 90 yrds. I hit him vertically in the front. The bullet went in, trough the bone in the upper elbow, and continued vertically trough the ribs on the other side. A CLEAN shoot-trough, with no damages to the meat. I think that is pretty good. When a bullet hits heavy bone on it's way in, it often can be a nasty mess. I'm leaving again today, for this weekends moosehunt. I'll let you know if someone (animal of course) unfortunately meet me and miss T.

------------------
Shoot well, and hit hard.

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That well do it. Good luck on this week end.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
Your wishes helped. I shoot an other small bull this Saturday morning. He went down, like he was hit in the back of the head with an axe. I shoot him, at approx.140 yards, and hit him in the neck/throat right in front of the elbow. He was moving, so i was afraid of hitting the belly. That's why I hit him in that area.
Again, a perfect kill with my .416 Taylor. I'm starting to love this lady!!!

------------------

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Vasa>
posted
What action is your Miss .416 Taylor built on? I have access to an old Brno ZKK 600 action with the pop-up peep that would be suitable for the .416T or even the .425 Express. I built a .338WM on this action many years ago - it was a sweet rifle.

I have hunted quite a bit here in BC with some of your countrymen.

Vasa

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Vasa.
My 416 Taylor is buildt on a Mauser M98 action, with a synth. -stock, and using a Adams & Bennet barrel from Midway. The barrel is shortened down to 21", and fluted to lighten the rig. I've scoped it with an Leupold XIII 1,5-5, and came down on 3,7 kg with the whole thing. I do get some punishment, but it's a dream to carry around.
I belive your Brno 600 is perfect for a 416 Taylor. Specially if you have room enough for a 338 Win. Go on and make one!! I already love mine!!

------------------

Arild.