THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    More on Interbond performance (pics: bullet recovered!)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More on Interbond performance (pics: bullet recovered!)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was mistaken in an earlier post about having all pass-through shots on deer with the Interbond. A 4x4 buck shot straight on did stop a 150 gr Interbond from a 308 win. The shot was from a bit over 200 yds. The retained weight is 131 gr. The bullet broke the front leg, pierced the brisket, traveled through the lower chest and paunch, then entered the offside thigh where it came to rest against the femur (to deer have femurs?). Due to follow-up running shot through the loins I mistakenly thought all bullets had passed through. It was a little messy...

Three other 150 IB's from a 308 have all been pass-through's. This bullet shoots very well from the 308 and seems to perform flawlessly. I might try to go with it for everything.

-

-

Sometimes I have trouble viewing pics I post (not being terribly computer-savvy, I can't seem to fix this). So if these are not viewable, please let me know.

Posts: 159 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 11 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the pictures are not viewable

Posts: 27 | Location: UT USA | Registered: 29 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For once I can see the pics and others can't. Figures.

Here's a link to the pictures:

Mike's hunting pics

Posts: 159 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 11 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For images that are posted on a web site:

Right click on the image, choose Properties(bottom of menu), highlight everything after the http://,

For example the last one I copied from your link was "community.webshots.com/s/image5/5/34/29/103753429rjKZqM_ph.jpg", right click on that and choose Copy.

From there, when you are at the point in your thread where you want to insert a picture, just click the image button and paste the info you copied from your pic's properties into the box (using right click and Paste)and choose OK.

Hope this helps.

-

[img] community.webshots.com/s/image5/9/72/87/102597287sDOVbS_ph.jpg [/img]

-

-

[img] community.webshots.com/s/image1/5/32/15/103753215WYGnqc_ph.jpg [/img]

-

Nice bucks!!! [Big Grin]

[ 12-08-2003, 08:42: Message edited by: Nebraska ]

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is very respectable performance, thanks for sharing. In a month or so I am going to take a few hogs with them in my 270 winchester.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTW...Wish my wife was out deer hunting with me! [Big Grin]

[ 12-08-2003, 08:43: Message edited by: Nebraska ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very informative thread and pics.
Thanks!

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Looks like it performed perfectly.

Do they come in 100 counts like all the other Hornady bullets?

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

[ 12-08-2003, 14:53: Message edited by: Big Redhead ]

Posts: 75 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
I just bought some this weekend for my 7mm RM.I'll be working up some loads with IMR7828 for the 139 gr. They do come 100 to a box.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have also had really good luck with Interbond's; unfortunately I don't have any pictures. The 165 grain .30 Interbond works great in my 300 Winchester. I get half inch groups at approx. 3100 fps. I shot my elk this year in the neck (the only visible target, I was hunting dark timber) at 30 yards. The bullet gave a .70" exit hole. I put one more into the chest from 10 yards. I got complete penetration and a 1" exit hole.

Last year I shot an elk with 150 Core-lokt and had the bullets penetrate about 10" and break apart. In a magnum caliber close range shots at high velocity are extremely hard on bullets. I see no reason to shoot anything else. I get great accuracy, higher retained energy at long range, good pentration, and rapid expansion, all at a moderate price

Posts: 130 | Location: Montana | Registered: 08 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help Nebraska. I think the pics I have loaded are simply too big (too high resolution) so slow connections like mine have trouble loading them. But I hate compressing pictures for my website. If you scan back a couple of pages in the Hunting album, there are pictures of two does shot early season. One (Kara's) was shot with the same 150 IB's from her 308. It was a double lung from about 75 yds that left a 1x1.5" exit. The other was hit with a ballistic tip high on the shoulder.

Hunting with Kara is great, but it is also a problem in that it conflicts with my hunting with brothers/old friends. Yet, I'm always more excited about the animals she takes than my own. And she definately has the bug! Now she'll just have to learn to hunt with my buddies, too.

Edit:
In the other buck shown, all I found of a bullet were some fragments left over from a broadside shot with a 180 ballistic tip. I wish there was an accubond or interbond in 180--I'm sure there will be with the success both these bullets are providing.

[ 12-08-2003, 20:14: Message edited by: mikea ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
They were working yesterday but not today... [Roll Eyes]

Not sure what happened but it was worth a try.

[ 12-09-2003, 01:08: Message edited by: Nebraska ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
MikeA,

Your comment about the .30/180 Ballistic Tip is interesting. I killed a 180-pound class whitetail buck a few years back with a 180 BTip from a .308. Range was under 1oo yards. The muzzle velocity chrono'd at about 2575-2600.

The shot hit the shoulder, low. There was a pencil-diameter exit hole in the offside brisket that I almost didn't find from, I presume, the thick jacket base. The onside shoulder was a throw-away and fragments were about all that was left.

I was less than impressed.

BigIron

one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if the Interbonds are in the new Hornady 6th edition reloading manual? If not what or where are you getting load data? Thanks in advance.

Mike

Posts: 74 | Location: Jacksonville NC | Registered: 16 February 2003Reply With Quote