New
Find
Notify
Tools

License application service
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a young friend just getting into hunting, figured be good idea to get him to start applying for points.
Who do you guys like? I used huntin fool for awhile, but understand that there was a split. Yes i know you can do kt yourself and save, this guy will have no money issues

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cabelas!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brent:

I as well used huntin fool. Jason Carter started Epic a year ago
and I signed on. I really like it.

Can’t speak too much for Cabela’s other than I believe they screwed
a bunch of apps several years ago and ended up costing hunters a point,
by being late. Topgun seems to have some great hunts so perhaps it’s
a good service.

Epic is $100, publishes a great magazine.

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
Brent:

I as well used huntin fool. Jason Carter started Epic a year ago
and I signed on. I really like it.

Can’t speak too much for Cabela’s other than I believe they screwed
a bunch of apps several years ago and ended up costing hunters a point,
by being late. Topgun seems to have some great hunts so perhaps it’s
a good service.

Epic is $100, publishes a great magazine.

I don't use any of the services and all but two of my hunts in 65 years of hunting have been DIY. I just suggested Cabelas because IMHO they are a good company and seem to have a pretty decent setup for applications. I do remember when they screwed up a few years ago and missed a state application date for a bunch of people that relied on them and didn't get what they paid for. I don't know whether Cabelas compensated them in any way, shape or form for the screwup, but I hope so.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Funny you mention this.

www.gohunt.com is who I am using, but they dont' have every state, and they have no way to track points. But they have great information every day, and post a ton of free give aways. They are doing a 84 piece 12 days of Christmas give away this week.

www.huntingfool.com not sure if I am a fan or not. It is time to re-up, they want $100 to do it. Information is dated, and gohunt beats them on information and unit information every day.

Both Eastmans Journal MRS and Hunting Fool just regurgitate the information on the state websites.

I am funding it myself and using the information on GoHunt to keep up on points. For $150, they have a hell of a system of keeping tracking what is going on, and they are in contact with the state agencies on changes. So far I am impressed.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote