New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kind of surprised.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Really a mild winter here so far.Should be no stress on deer at all,but this guy lost half his rack already.Seems like 4 of the 7 books that frequent my property have made it through all the deer seasons so far.I am still sitting out with the bow hoping one of the bigger bucks around will show up.merry Christmas,OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's the bait Bob? Spuds?

Wonder what could stress one that bad.
Maybe a fight broke it off? Can you see his skull where it goes in? Hole around it?
Folks had a half pet forkhorn that butted my neice, horns on both sides of her chest, pushing her against the fence. Dad roped him and after one hell of a battle got him hogtied and in the barn then sawed them off. One broke out of the skull. He was ok, just a mess. I saw him a few months later. Hadn't grown closed yet, no idea if he grew horns the next year or not. Never talked to the guy that picked him up off their road while they'd gone to town.

Good luck on sticking one!
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are sugar beets.I have another pic where you can see the empty socket.Sure looks to be a shed.Last year the majority of the bucks were still carrying their racks in mid February.Merry Christmas George.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote