THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Can you hit the broadside of a Buffalo?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can you hit the broadside of a Buffalo?
 Login/Join

<SkiBumplus3>
posted
This is the heading of the information I received today from Two Medicine Ranch in Valier, MT. Here's the highlights from the flyer;

Bison Herd Reduction Sale
Yearling Bulls, 6-800 lbs live weight $600
Yearling Heifers, 4-600 lbs live wght $500 limited
Mature Bulls, $3,000
Mature cow, 900 lbs live weight $600

Hutterites will load, dress, skin, wash and quarter the animal for $85.

One free animal to anyone who recruits 8 other paying customers.

call Doug Averil 406-837-5100 or 406-837-5226 to reserve your animal.

I do not have a financial interest in this. Doug is a friend of a friend and I harvested a heifer last winter. The process was fun and the meat was excellent.

Ski+3
Kalispell, MT

posted Hide Post
Boy I wish I could afford it,bison is some good meat

Posts: 21 | Location: Southwest Minnesota | Registered: 15 September 2002Reply With Quote
<Rimrock>
posted
Hey SkiBum... any snow in the Flathead yet?
Those are good prices. We sent a few folks up there last year, & they were happy. Also, if you need somewhere to stay in the metro Valier area ;-), the Stone Schoolhouse Inn is a good B & B.
The vast bulk of the bison blastings we book are here on the Flying D, though. The prices on cows & yearlings are a smidgen higher, but it's a lot handier trip for most folks. Valier is not really close to anywhere, you know....
One place the D has 'em beat in a big way is on the bulls. Mature bull harvests are going for $1500, while they last. Those are a harvest, not a hunt, but they're in about a 200 acre pasture so it's not like you're whacking them in a corral or something....
Besides, with the hunts you get to tour around the ranch, & have your choice of any buffalo on the place (still have a choice with the harvests, but more limited), but when you get down to the actual shooting there's little if any difference.

<Rimrock>
posted
And on a distantly related note; my mother-in-law (who lives in Valier) just sent me a clipping from the Valierian. Somebody working on a road construction project hit a bull elk with their truck, apparently about four miles west of town. That's not exactly prime elk habitat, but.... The bull and truck survived, if both a bit worse for wear. There's a picture of the bull, with Lake Frances in the background. Looks to be a reasonable 5-point, probably a 3-year old.
All the farmers are going broke (I was one up there in a previous life), & it's turning into the Big Open ;-). She reported a black bear right outside town a while back.
Bison, bear, bulls, & Blackfeet. A volatile combination for sure....