Find
Notify
Tools

Truth behind HSUS
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted
http://www.trapperman.com/foru...9/gonew/1/Bob_Noonan's_article_on_HSUS_i#UNREAD

Arm yourself with the facts. Pass this along to fellow outdoors men and women, those on the fence, and especially to those being duped by this rot.

Posts: 3534 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Looked at the link, but anyone that knows anything, is aware that HSUS is the power behind PETA and all of the other Animal Rights groups.

Humane Society of the United States is the biggest enemy to hunters/pet owners/farmers and ranchers.

These people Do Not support local humane shelters in ANY WAY.

The problem is, they know how to gain political clout, and that is just exactly what they have done.

They are listened to, by the senate and the house and the White House.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Not that I attack women but HSUS is majority women under the disguise of compassion
Pure bullshit if you ask me
Some of them need a couple of years on old fashion farm and eat what they raise, kill, process and cook...
That'll teach'em

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
These people Do Not support local humane shelters in ANY WAY.

My W 1 FE unit is on the board of directors of the local animal shelter, and she can testify to that. The recently had to vacate their old shelter and build a new one. When they approached HSUS about helping out they got no reply at all. HSUS does not support this particular shelter, and according to sources they spend less than 1% of their huge war chest on shelter related stuff such as spay/neuter programs. Mostly they promote themselves, and spend huge amounts on salaries and perks for the people who run the organization.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a really bad Catch-22 situation that needs to be rectified in some manner.

The local/community animal shelters are staffed by caring people and volunteers that are merely trying to help the animals and citizens of the area. With the U.S. economy in the shape it is in, lots of people are voluntarily surrendering their animals to the local shelters.

Add to that, in many cities, there is a movement for shelters to become "No Kill", someone has to buy feed for all those animals and most people only have so much excess money to donate to various charities, so those local shelters are really strapped for funding just to feed those critters.

In the meantime HSUS and its directors set on their asses and get involved with the anti-hunting movement and give absolutely no support to the folks/agencies across the entire country that actually are trying to help.

Anyone donating $$$$ to the HSUS is helping fund the organizations anti-hunting campaign.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are, after all, on the FBI and DHS terrorist watch lists. I believe they had a little set to with the Austin shelter a while back as well. They did not like the fact that it went no-kill. They also pressured the Austin City Council to develop a Coyote "Adoption" program. Really. My In-laws live in Austin, so I get all this.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
They are, after all, on the FBI and DHS terrorist watch lists.

HSUS is an organization whose practices border on fraud and which does nothing for the benefit of animals. But outlandish claims like this one simply damage the credibility of their critics. Stick a cork in it, Larrys.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek, can you PROVE that HSUS is NOT on either of the lists mentioned?

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
They are kicking our asses at the ballot box by better organization and fund raising. That is a fact. They show prime time television commercials with sad looking dogs and have little old ladies throwing money at them and volunteering to circulate petitions at the mall. I've seen billboards showing up recently in our area with anti-hunting messages.

As a group we seem to huff/puff a lot amongst ourselves but tend to be penny-pinchers. How many of us are standing outside public places urging voters to sign petitions? How many of us are writing monthly checks to a pro-hunting effort?

Think of this as halftime and we are down about 20 points. It's real simple: We have to make changes on offense and defense, 'cuz if we keep doing what we've been doing the ass-kicking will continue. They will continue to run the same plays that they've already gained ground on; banning hunting with hounds, baiting, doves, wolves, and trapping. Expect more attempts on hunting Federal land.

We can call them nasty names all we want; tree huggers, bunny huggers, do-gooders, city slickers....but we better do a gut-check as they are beating us.

This is personal to me on several levels. I found my mother writing them checks (she felt bad for the little doggies they feature in their television commercials). My first reaction was to get mad and admonish her. But then I realized that doesn't work. So I got the facts together and intelligently presented them to her. She now writes her checks to a local animal shelter that truly cares for neglected/abused critters. I also talk to her calmly about the ballot issues that the anti's are financing on a state level.

EVERY VOTE COUNTS!

P.S. You can bet your ass they are monitoring what we do. They must giggle with glee when they see us yelling at each other.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
quote:
They are, after all, on the FBI and DHS terrorist watch lists.

HSUS is an organization whose practices border on fraud and which does nothing for the benefit of animals. But outlandish claims like this one simply damage the credibility of their critics. Stick a cork in it, Larrys.

Do you even know who the HSUS are? I've seen some ignorant BS on AR but this takes the cake. I'm guessing that you think HSUS is the same thing as the Humane Society of America?check your facts before you open your mouth.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Stoney, with all due respect blow it out your ass.

HSUS Terrorist Ties

The HSUS is NOT your local Humane Society shelter that does worlds of good for local animals. They are just the opposite. In fact they have been known to actively try to shut down local shelters.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Whistling
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
Stick a cork in it, Larrys.
quote:

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:

HSUS Terrorist Ties

The HSUS is NOT your local Humane Society shelter that does worlds of good for local animals. They are just the opposite. In fact they have been known to actively try to shut down local shelters.

larrys thanks for posting that link, makes for some interesting reading.
Hard for me to fathom that these groups can continue to operate in plain sight of the authorities.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
They operate within the bounds of what the "authorities" want done, i.e. the same agenda, so no problem. Bill Ayers is teaching College so...what's a few eco terrorists compared to attempted Murder of LEO's?
On March 6, 1970, during preparations for the bombing of a Non-Commissioned Officers’ (NCO) dance at the Fort Dix U.S. Army base and for Butler Library at Columbia University,[2] there was an explosion in a Greenwich Village safe house when the nail bomb being constructed prematurely detonated for unknown reasons. WUO members Diana Oughton, Ted Gold, and Terry Robbins died in the explosion. Cathy Wilkerson and Kathy Boudin escaped unharmed. The site of the Village explosion was the former residence of Merrill Lynch brokerage firm co-founder Charles Merrill and the childhood home of his son, poet James Merrill; the younger Merrill subsequently memorialized the event in his poem 18 West 11th Street, the title being the address of the brownstone townhouse.[73] Another writer, Matthew Landy Steen, composed a widely reprinted poem How Does It Feel To Be Inside An Explosion?[74]

An FBI report later stated that the group had possessed enough explosives to "level ... both sides of the street". Dustin Hoffman was seen wandering the street afterwards; he lived in the townhouse next door.[75]

The bomb preparations have been pointed out by critics of the claim that the Weatherman group did not try to take lives with its bombings. Harvey Klehr, the Andrew W. Mellon professor of politics and history at Emory University in Atlanta, said in 2003, "The only reason they were not guilty of mass murder is mere incompetence. I don't know what sort of defense that is."[2]

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Google "Humane Society of the United States on terrorist list?" and you will find additional interesting reading.

Then read Wikipedia's description of HSUS. Most of it apparently was written by the group's PR department. The "specific complaints" section at the end, though, hints at its many warts.

The American Humane Society (I could find no Humane Society of America) is a smaller and more mainstream animal welfare group that is more deserving of the title "The Humane Society."

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Google "Humane Society of the United States on terrorist list?" and you will find additional interesting reading.

Then read Wikipedia's description of HSUS. Most of it apparently was written by the group's PR department. The "specific complaints" section at the end, though, hints at its many warts.

The American Humane Society (I could find no Humane Society of America) is a smaller and more mainstream animal welfare group.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
HSUS is an organization whose practices border on fraud and which does nothing for the benefit of animals.

Does that sound like I'm an HSUS supporter?

Let me re-iterate: When you rely on specious articles like the one you cite you damage the credibility of all of us who oppose the HSUS. As despicable as they are, the HSUS is not on anyone's "terrorist watch list", even by the letter of the foaming-at-the-mouth article cited. But that article does disparage demonstrably pro-hunting organizations like the National Wildlife Fund and the Audubon Society as being on "terrorist watch lists". What garbage.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can stick your head in the sand all you want, but the article is a reprint of a portion of the declassified DHS document. Once again you have no idea what you are talking about. Look at page 9 and 10. Look familiar. The only one with damaged credibility is you, as usual.

I said nothing of the other two. Take that up with DHS.

DHS Document

Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
HSUS is the Public Face of a conglomeration of various groups that are just as terroristic as ISIS or Al-Qaeda etc. etc.

They simply have not been as active in America as they have in Europe.

HSUS has too much to lose if the American Public ever becomes fully aware of the destinations of the monies they donate to that organization.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 larrys!!!