THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Drew an Elk tag in the Gila, need some help

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drew an Elk tag in the Gila, need some help
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted
Wohoo! I drew a unit 13 muzzle loader tag, first season. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jack - I have guided in 13 many times for elk. Send me a PM with your personal email address.

I just checked, I didn't draw!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great tag, Jack. I have put in for that unit before.

One of my best buds back in TX pulled the rut muzz tag in unit 34.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the hunt (leaving to Zim on the day the hunt starts).. What could be a good expectation for a bull in this unit? I am thinking he could find a great bull near the rez boundary.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scottyboy:
Great tag, Jack. I have put in for that unit before.

One of my best buds back in TX pulled the rut muzz tag in unit 34.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the hunt (leaving to Zim on the day the hunt starts).. What could be a good expectation for a bull in this unit? I am thinking he could find a great bull near the rez boundary.

Scotty,

Unit 34 rocks. I was fortunate enough to bag an absolute slug there a few years back. 384 inches of awesome antlers. Your buddy might want to search for the landowners that are in the unit wide tag system. If the system is unchanged, he can hunt those private ranches that enroll in the system. There is also plenty of public land. Homework is required - there will be a test in October.

Good luck to you and your friend!

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Jack! Should be a great hunt. My first two elk choices were both in 16 and then 34. I drew mobility-impaired antelope (1-101) and have a MI unit wide elk tag for 34. Did you kill your big bull guided or on your own? I look forward to your hunt report and best of luck to you!

Posts: 298 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote