New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elk Hunting Hill Ranch Colorado
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a chance to hunt the Hill Ranch in Southern Colorado just west of Trinidad this fall. I know Eastmans filmed a couple hunts there. Anyone hunted it or know any thing about it?? Thanks, 163bc

Posts: 285 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent place for 320 - 340" plus bulls, chance of something bigger is always possible. Lots of elk, and should be a fun hunt.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whos the outfitter on the Hill Ranch?

Jeremy Gugelmeyer
www.sagebrushhunts.com

Posts: 664 | Location: TX/KS | Registered: 06 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I guided on ranches that were adjacent to the Hill Ranch for years. Its a great area for elk, you should see a pile of them. Our avg bull was over 300". I've seen bulls in the area that were better than 380" but that was the exception rather than the rule. If I were to hunt there I would hope to kill a 330"-350" type bull.

Bobby Hill is a great guy, should be a fun hunt

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JeremyKS:
Whos the outfitter on the Hill Ranch?

Jeremy Gugelmeyer
www.sagebrushhunts.com

Bobby Hill or one of his men manage the hunting. A buddy of mine used to guide on the place, not sure if he still does or not. Beautiful country and a ton of elk.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
A guy named Johnnie Hamilton does some hunting on the Hill Ranch. His clients take some huge bulls each year. You have a great opportunity to take a trophy bull during the hunt.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote