Find
Notify
Tools

Re: THERE a lesson here-
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

Sorry but I didn't pick up on any brotherhood of the badge crap. Neither would I agree with your comments about CO's , wardens etc being the bottom of the LEO profession. Any time I have been stopped by a CO they have acted in a courteous manner, collected what information they required and left after causing the minimal disruption to my hunt.I for one am glad we have CO's to protect our game and wish there were more of them. Sure I have heard third person accounts of abuses but I have not seen such myself. Any CO's I have encountered were quite willing to treat respect with respect.

I agree with the above statements nearly 100%In my over 30 years of hunting I have only encountered one CO that did not act courteous and professionally while performing his duty.Then again I have been courteous to them as well.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

... Conservation officers/game wardens are mostly bottom feeder leo's. ...

That is not the situation in the Southeastern USA. All the one's I've ever met have been very easy to talk to and helpful to the extreme.

I've hunted the states East and South of the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers without ever meeting one I wouldn't feel comfortable hunting with. Generally look them up when I go somewhere new to check the fine points of the Regs so I don't accidentally do something which is legal in a different state, region, game zone, etc., but against the law in the new location. They have always been curtious and professional.

There is one place I like to Squirrel Hunt and Deer Hunt at the same time. Regs seemed to say if I was carrying a centerfire rifle then I could not also carry a Rimfire of any kind. Thought about it for awhile and it looked like I could carry a centerfire Revolver and a shotgun (with no slugs or BuckShot on me). Called the Game Warden and he stopped by in about an hour. He said I'd figured out a way to do both legally and even recommended some places.

Darn shame everyone can't be treated as well by them as I have been.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
(empty)

Posts: 950 | Location: Cascade, Montana USA | Registered: 11 June 2000Reply With Quote