THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Black Bear Hunts in the East Coast Area?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Bear Hunts in the East Coast Area?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Any recomendations for some High quality hunts for Black Bear in North/South Carolina,The Virginias,Tenn or Kentucky?Looking for a reputable outfit with lodge and quality hunts for mainly Black Bears.Need somthing withiin reasonable driving distance from Savannah,Ga for this fall or winter...Thanks! (and yes,we will be using 500 Smiths and Elephant guns!)

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Definitely look at North Carolina. Bears don't hibernate according to one outfitter I spoke with and they get huge. He was selling a combo hunt, one bear (about a 40% success) and 2 bucks for $1700. That included meals and lodge. I called him from an add a couple of years ago that I saw in the back of Peterson's hunting. He had great references and is one of the larger outfits. Call North Carolina DNR, they knew him.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Conmans in east NC.
They have a website ,so should be esy to find.
I HAVE NOT ever hunted with them but have heard it's a straightup outfit from someone I respect.

Posts: 156 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: 29 January 2005Reply With Quote