New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: WHICH BI POD
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have used the Harris on three hunts and have concluded I do not like bipods. I prefer to find a rest and shoot from that. The bipod is heavy, gets in the way and I snapped the crud out of one finger trying to close the legs.

Go leg-less!!!

Posts: 10371 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Joel C
posted Hide Post
I've used the snipepod on multiple elk hunts. It is lightweight but stable and is not actually on the gun until you need it. It makes it easier to get through brush if you don't have extra stuff hanging off of your rifle......

Posts: 130 | Location: Ripon, WI | Registered: 09 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I carry a bipod in my daypack. If I need it, I can put it on; did that twice in New Zealand last year. Otherwise, I normally shoot sitting with a shooting sling - that is the best field position of all. Carrying a bipod on your rifle is tedious and throws off the rifle's balance for most shooting.

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is not really responsive to the question asked, but I would suggest that the Stoney Point cross sticks be considered. I have carried and used an old style (that you have to assemble the legs to the cross section) for about 12 years. The serve well to steady binoculars when glassing, in leiu of a tripod, and are a very versitile shooting aid. Just put them in your day pack, or on your belt and they will be there when you need them.

Posts: 121 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses.

My nephew, a 265 lb. football player, has decided that weight was not a factor and is getting a Harris swivel bi-pod for sitting position shooting.

Now we (Mrs. H & I) are off for 4 weeks elk and deer hunting in Wyoming and Colorado. Our nephew will fly into Colorado for his first ever elk hunt on October 7th.

Hope to have lots to report when we get back.

Posts: 27 | Location: State of Jefferson, USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote