New
Find
Notify
Tools

BigBBear's Big Cougar
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know this is not the right forum but I am on my way back from BC after shooting a huge Cougar. thought those on AR would like to see pic but I do not know how to insert photo. Can someone please make it simple for me.

Thanks,

York, SC

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Simple, just email it to me.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
In case you want to do learn how for later here's a post explaining it.
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6321043/m/951100671

BTW, Great cat!!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12600 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I'll move this to Big Game Hunting Forum.

Congrats on the huge cat.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Bear, Let's hear the story! How far did you have to chase that cat???

Posts: 199 | Location: Rochester, Washington | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now That's a CAT!!!!!

Congratulations.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
awesome coug!!! how much did he weigh?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey BBB, Congratulations for sure. I feel fairly sure I've never seen one that big in the wild or mounted. Quite a Trophy!

I agree with those above that I also want to hear the story with LOTS of details.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is an amazing cat!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Great lion! Wow! now that's a cat!

Congrats on the big guy!! thumb

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for positive comments. Will work up a story and possibly submit to SCI or more easily to Big Game Adventures. Will post here for critical views also. Cat was locallly know as the Demon to outfitter and guides. Had ran him for several years and could not get him to tree or could not get client to tree. Either way, Cat wins. He had hurt several dogs as well. Was my 5th day of hunt and we had run several cats but had no luck. One day, we ran a Tom that was cold trailing a female and a young tom only to find ourselves in 7 different fresh cats. Talk about a cluster. Anyway, the morning of 5th day, guide found last nights track of this cat and thought to give it a go. Dogs did incredible job and ran cat for 6 hours or so. Took about 5 hours of walking total in and out but managed to kill him about 30 min. before dark. Would have been a bitch to get to tree after dark and not be able to shoot. Anyway, too far to carry but guide had seen many in his life and guessed weight at 200 lbs. I am 6//3" and weigh about 275 right now so you can imagine. Skull was measured in at 14 12/16 just shy of B&C. He had width of a book cat but length was a bit short. A great trophy for sure and I am both proud and happy. Lots more to tell so as soon as I can get a write up done in more detail I will post it.

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great cat! Please do post more details when you can should be a good story.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Congrats BBB!

What outfit were you hunting with?

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice cat!

Posts: 214 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Canuk, Okanagan Outfitters, Marc Hubbard. They have a history of chance at Big Cats. Have shot some Cougar before but really wanted a big one. I am 6/3", 280 lbs so this boy ia a pretty good one. Believe it or not, they actually see get some bigger ones. What part of Canada are you in? Only heartburn so far is getting the cat home. Still there due to CITES not being avail. yet.

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only heartburn so far is getting the cat home. Still there due to CITES not being avail. yet.

L.W.

"A 9mm bullet may expand but a .45 bullet sure ain't gonna shrink."

Posts: 349 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Near Detroit, Michigan.

CITES was not ready yet. Okanagans normal course is to send across border to Phillip Soucey for taxidermy work. Seems problematic for them to have ready for me to bring home or to ship. We tried to get in time but CITES did not arrive so I had to leave. I may have them ship to Windsor, Ont. and then I will go get and officially import. Difficult part is that Detroit is not USFWS port of entry. Any ideas are welcome.

York, SC

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBBear:
...I am 6//3" and weigh about 275 right now ...
Hey BBB, If you will get on a regular diet of fried Venison cube steak, half a dozen eggs, hash browns, grits, sliced tomatoes, with plenty of hot biscuits and gravy for breakfast - it will cure that puny condition. Big Grin

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote