THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Travel Agent for Hunting Trip to Mexico?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel Agent for Hunting Trip to Mexico?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm doing my first hunt in Mexico in January. Do US hunter normally use a specialized travel agents, like hunt in Africa??

Thanks for the advice.

TBD

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1292 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I flew into Hermosillo in January for a sheep hunt. The US booking agent flew in with me and had all the relevant paperwork and could speak Spanish. My entry was slow but fairly smooth. Not so for a lot of other hunters arriving on their own. Most of them had their ammo in their baggage but guns were left behind in Phoenix. The authorities would not allow the ammo in without the firearms. I don’t know what eventually happened as we cleared and got the hell out of there.

I was one of the few that had all my baggage including my rifle case make it on the flight south. I think the reason was because I was flying on a first class ticket so I had priority tags on all mu luggage. All that to say, if you are bringing a gun with you it would be worth having some help getting everything in. If not taking a gun I probably wouldn’t worry too much.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Blue Devil:
I'm doing my first hunt in Mexico in January. Do US hunter normally use a specialized travel agents, like hunt in Africa??

Thanks for the advice.

TBD

None of our guys do. If you have any questions I’m happy to help in any way.

If you aren’t flying direct I would get to wherever your layover is the night before and check your rifle with the airlines early the next day. A lot of the issues I see with rifles are with guys with a quick layover. Also, make sure your outfitter emails you a copy of your gun paperwork so you can get your rifles on a plane. He should have the originals when you get to your destination but you’ll need them to get them checked on a plane at your place of departure

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote