Notify
Tools

CO bighorn question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted
Ladies and Gents,

Sadly, i am not asking this for myself... but a good friend of mine, a CO resident, hit a bighorn tag in unit 22 for this year. he is doing a DIY hunt, and possibly solo if he can't find anyone to help him. i would kill to go, but just do not have the vacation time left this year.

if any of you have ever hunted this area before, or have any insights, please p.m. me if you wouldnt' mind helping. we will help you in any way we can in return.

he has gathered some good info from co dow, and talked with one gent that was successful there a few years ago, but any more info will be helpful.

thank you
john

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where is unit 22? I got a bighorn near Aspen 15 years ago but I don't know unit numbers.

Posts: 662 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
i believe its about 85 miles due south of aspen

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
S22 is south of Gunnison and west of Saguache
bordered by towns of Lake City and Creede. Rio Grande National Forest I think.

I have no Sheep experience there.
Did your buddy apply for that tag because of Sheep he's seen there or just applied for it on a whim?
Tell him to be sure to attend the class given by DOW for all successful applicants of Sheep and Goat drawings. Class is good for first time Sheep hunters and gives you people to network with and contact info for your Sheep area game officers and Biologists.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote