New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cooper Classic Deer Rifle?
 Login/Join

<EricT55>
posted
What do you guys think of a Cooper classic in a 7mm-08 as a deer rifle? All of their rifles shoot incredible and they are so well built. My issue with them is that they are a single shot but truthfully there are thousands of people who swear by the encores and contenders. The other rifles I was considering were the Kimber, model 7 or the 700 titanium. Any views would be great. Thanks guys�

one of us
posted Hide Post
I own a Cooper classic varmint rig. It is flat out the most accurate out of the box rifle I have ever owned. Other than mounting a scope I have never done a thing to it and it regularly turns in 1/4 MOA. The trigger was crisp too!

Posts: 457 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Cooper varmint extreme and am looking at the classic vs haveing a single shot custom built. They are a wonderfully accurate rifle right out of the box. I wouldn't hesitate on a Cooper.

Posts: 536 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2001Reply With Quote
<rifleman13>
posted
A Cooper classic in a 7mm-08 as a deer rifle shoots incredibly well and is well built. They are a single shot but there are thousands of people who swear by the encores and contenders. The other rifles I am considering were the Kimber, model 7 or the 700 titanium.