New
Find
Notify
Tools

A legend lost
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It's a sad day for gun owners in America with the passing of Charlton Heston. My prayers go out to his family. There are not many men like him in the media and spotlight anymore, we were fortunate to have him.

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don has his photo as the banner in the political forum.

And yes, a great loss. I can't think of a movie that I didn't like! A true patriot!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Charlton for years of service in the name of gun owners! You made a difference.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
He will be missed. Men like him don't come along very often. Thanks for all he did for American Sportsmen.

Posts: 14 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He was bigger than the game, and didn't let the ankle biting left tear him down.
His legacy will endure.
My prayers are for him, and his family.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The gun owners of America will miss him tremendously. Lost, no.

We only lose when we choose to forget.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sierra_Dave
posted Hide Post
"As I have stood in the crosshairs of those who target Second Amendment freedoms, I've realized that firearms are not the only issue. No, it's much, much bigger than that. I've come to understand that a cultural war is raging across our land, in which, with Orwellian fervor, certain acceptable thoughts and speech are mandated."

"Here's my credo. There are no good guns, There are no bad guns. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a good man is no threat to anyone, except bad people."

Charlton Heston

"We are all here for a short spell; so get all the good laughs you can.
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to Somebody Else."
Will Rogers

Posts: 82 | Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote