New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a Couple Aoudad
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Headed out to do some work last week before our group Ewe hunt and enjoyed a nice cool front that came in making the temps drop into the 50s instead of the expected 90s. Got work done and met a client for a quick hunt on some new property I picked up and just about an hour into the hunt we had a great ram down. I jumped them at only 25 yards and luckily when they took off I knew right where they were going and we were able to cut them off and get a nice easy 90 yard shot off.

After the ram hunt we made our way down to the Devils River area to thin some ewes off a ranch that has too many on the property. I got to meet some new people as well as hunt with old friends. A total of 7 ewes were taken in 2 days and Paul made an incredible 220 yard shot with his open sights 30-30 and dropped his ewe in its tracks.

Glad to be home though after a long trip.

www.westtexashuntorg.com

220 yard 30-30 kill

Pauls Happy Face

Relaxing at the Top

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/

Posts: 439 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grin's aplenty tu2
Sounds like fun to me.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Those are some good looking aoudads, Mike. I keep procrastinating about posting a thread on my hunt with you (Kevin was the guide) back in late September. I'll try to get on that in the next couple of days.

Jim

Posts: 61 | Location: Houston and Seguin, Texas | Registered: 03 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Nice!

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
It looks like a good time was had by all. Thanks for the report.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12603 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/

Posts: 439 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

now comes the hard part; waiting six to nine months for the mounts to get to your house.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote