THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Add one more nut to Idaho's total (must be a California transplant).....

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Add one more nut to Idaho's total (must be a California transplant).....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
quote:
HUNTING NEWS
Idaho Woman Faces Only 6 Months in Jail after Beating Hawker’s Falcon to Death
BY: Daniel Xu + POSTED: 3/20/15

A woman upset with the killing of a duck decides to kill another bird, a federally protected falcon.

An Idaho woman charged with killing a falconer’s bird in January now faces up to 6 months in jail and a maximum of $5,000 in fines. According to the New York Daily News, 60-year-old Patti McDonald said she was upset that the falconer was hunting ducks with an 8-year-old falcon named Hornet in Kootenai County, so she decided to attack the bird when it landed. McDonald allegedly took off a heavy beaded scarf and proceeded to pummel the falcon, which was raised around humans and did not fly away. Eventually Hornet’s owner, Scott Dinger, found the bird dead from a fractured skull and broken leg.

Dinger, who was 500 yards away when the attack occurred, said he confronted the woman and identified himself as a licensed falconer.

“She just goes ‘I just beat the shit out of your falcon,'” Dinger told the Coeur d’alene Press. “It became clear that my bird was hurt. I grabbed the duck and walked away from the lady because once she told me that, my only thought was getting my bird back.”

Dinger found his bird an hour later crumpled on the ground. At around the same time, the Idaho Department of Fish and Game received a call from McDonald in which she stated that she had “beat the crap” out of a falcon as it was holding onto a duck. Wildlife officials investigated the case and sent their findings to Kootenai County Prosecutor Barry McHugh, who decided to pursue a misdemeanor charge for intentionally injuring or harassing an animal. Dinger however, who says that he raised Hornet from a hatching, says the misdemeanor charge is far too light. The falconer is urging Game and Fish officials to pursue additional federal charges for the killing of a protected species.

The killing of protected raptor species is a federal offense and carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail and a $15,000 fine.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Holder will be all over this one and Obama will make a speech about how the falconer acted stupidly.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The dumb bitch is very lucky the owner did not beat the (shit for brains) out of her. I proudly would have !

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
How the hell does this lady think all the world's birds, bears, lions, wolves, snakes, and other carnivores survive?

Hope she gets the maximum possible sentence for her cruelty.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am sure many of you here would donate some money to send her to Africa.

She should be taken to a pride of lions kill, and tell her to safe the little bambi from them!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G2,

you're still just PWT. Born and bred, and doomed to live out your life...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
seems to be a lot of that kind around Coeur d’alene

Posts: 54 | Location: PNW | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
G2,

you're still just PWT. Born and bred, and doomed to live out your life...

Oh, another nut from Idaho. Threatened anyone today yet, nut? dancing

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote