New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x62, availibility of factory ammo
 Login/Join

<holdson4>
posted
was considering purchase of 9.3x62 chambered rifle, however am concerned about finding ammo. currently i can not reload at my present location so have to buy factory ammo. heard norma and asquare are loading for it but have only seen brass/bullets for sale online . any help will be great.

thanks,
wesley

one of us
posted Hide Post
Midway carries some 9.3 x 62 stuff. Norma, A-square, and RWS all load for it. There may be some other European companies loading for this caliber, I don't know. Hope this helps. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Paleohunter>
posted
Norman is about the only Ammo I can find local and its not cheap. But dont let that stop you it is one of the BEST non magnum calibers out there. Its been sudden death on every animal I have shot with it. Enough good cannot be said about this caliber.

one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dan belisle:
Midway carries some 9.3 x 62 stuff. Norma, A-square, and RWS all load for it. There may be some other European companies loading for this caliber, I don't know. Hope this helps. - Dan

You can add Sako, Lapua and Sellier&Bellot to your list - but I really don�t know if that ammo is available in Northern America. But you�ve already mentioned the best ones: Norma and RWS with the Oryx, Alaska or Brenneka TUG bullets.

Best regards

Fritz

------------------
...the mark of the hunter is the ability to get close.

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sellier & Bellot should be competitively priced. Hirtenberg will come soon. That Lapua 286 grs looks awesome!! Blunt and well out of the case! But over 200 yds not too impressive. Same for PMP ( SA ), which is a classic RN, this should be the cheapest.

Try Winchester�s Euro line. Expensive, but a Nosler Partition loaded hot, same load as Sako, both loaded by Norma(?).

Good shooting! Hermann

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
<Sauenj�ger>
posted
Have a look at www.norma.cc
There is a list of representatives in USA also.

Here in Europe it is no question. You can get a lots of factory load ammu.

Best regards

<hornblower>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by holdson4:
was considering purchase of 9.3x62 chambered rifle, however am concerned about finding ammo. currently i can not reload at my present location so have to buy factory ammo. heard norma and asquare are loading for it but have only seen brass/bullets for sale online . any help will be great.

thanks,
wesley

I like shooting PMP (Pro Amm bullet , South African ammo ,similar to Nosler Partition ) , they are good and cheaper than most others . They do offer factory ammo in 9,3x92 . Besides RWS and Norma offer factory ammo in 9,3x92 in various bullet types ( I checked the German Kettner catalogue )

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sportsman's Guide-of all places- Has a good selection of Norma at competitive prices. Right now Grafs has Lapua 285 gr at a good price. Catch them on line. I have 2 CZ,s and love them.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Duc (edited 03-07-2002).]

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Lapua rounds just look awesome!!!

The bullet is very blunt and seated very far out. It tapers lightly, so as to not touch the throat. A kind of bore riding design :-)

Rifle is just at the smith, scopin�.

Good shooting! Hermann

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote