New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interbond Penetration Tests???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone media tested the Interbonds for penetration comparisons against the Partitions or A-Frames of similar weight?

Have field tests shown them the equal of other premiums (excluding the Failsafe and X) in penetration? The Scirroco is not proving to be the equal of the A-frame in this respect...but how about the Interbond?

one of us
posted Hide Post
>>>The Scirroco is not proving to be the equal of the A-frame in this respect<<<

i don't think that the scirroco is designed to perform the same as the a-frame or partition. if i remember correctly, it has a totally different application.

in that case, i wouldn't expect it to perform equally to the a-frame or partition

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interbond penetration from Hornady:
150gr. 30/06 MV 3000fps,vel 2500+ 100 yds
Interbond Barnes X Nosler PArt Swift Scirocco

18.625 in. 23 23 19

Posts: 353 | Location: Lakeville, MN | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is this the correct reading of the data you posted?

Interbond-18.6"
Barnes X-23"
Partition-23"
Scirocco-19"

...all 150 grain shot at 3000 fps...?

...tests performed by Hornady...? where is this info posted?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

i don't think that the scirroco is designed to perform the same as the a-frame or partition. if i remember correctly, it has a totally different application.

Very true, and field results I have read reveal that this bullet seems to over-expand on larger game. My question is whether the Interbond is showing better penetration than the Scirroco and more equal to the Partition.

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see the Accubond added to the question.

I also think the Interbond over-expands, and I hope the Accubond might have a little better-controlled expansion.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I'd like to see the Accubond added to the question.

I also think the Interbond over-expands, and I hope the Accubond might have a little better-controlled expansion.

One of the techs at Nosler stated that in early tests the prototype Accubond performed similar to the Scirrocco and Interbond, expanded very rapidly and held a large frontal area by maintaining nearly all it's weight thus limiting penetration. This required some reengineering to allow the mushroom to shed some material.

Posts: 285 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine used the 225gr Accubond in his 338 last year to take 4 elk. One bullet was recovered just under the off side shoulder. It was a perfect mushroom and retained 80% of the origional weight.

Posts: 58 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 18 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would assume that a 180 gr at 2750 would be a better all around performer. Lower speed/ less mushroom frontal area, more weight and momentum. Have not tried it but the logic seems right. "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote