New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bison hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for a good bison hunt. Got any ideas?

NRA Member
SCI Member & DSC Member
Double Rifle Shooter's Society So. Cal. Chapter

Posts: 62 | Location: So. Cal. | Registered: 16 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Let us know what exactly you're looking for, and I'm fairly sure I can help ya out..

Free ranging or fenced? Trophy bull or meat cow? What type of weapon are ya looking to use? Is location an issue for you? Etc...

A big bull of mine taken with a Shiloh Sharps in 45-70 with hand casted bullets over black powder. Fun hunt and DAMN fine eating!

A few buddy's with their big bulls off of the same locale.. All were FUN hunts!!

Let me know if I can help ya out.

Best of luck!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Three years ago my son and I hunted with Rockin7 ranch in Wyoming. We kept all of the animal, meat, hide horns etc. for the price. The lodge accomodations were supurb, and for the cost a none hunting companion can stay without any additional charge. The only draw back was that it is a fenced hunt, but if that doesn't bother you the rest is POSH, everything exactly as advertised. We will be going again this next year.

http://www.rockin7ranch.com/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crow reservation here in MT here offers hunts and Custer park in SD offers hunts. Both free range. Cost of SD hunt is $5000 up front for drawing fee. Returned of course if you aren't drawn. Takes a year or 2 for points to be able to draw. AZ also has eild hunts in the Henry MTS but very difficult to draw. Let me know if your interested in the Crow Reservation hunt and I can give you some specifics.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Twilli,

I read about the Crow Res hunt somewhere several years ago and it sounded pretty neat. Can't find anything on the internet, so if you wouldn't mind providing some contact information, pricing, etc, I'd very much appreciate it. PM me if you prefer.

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sdirks, here is a number that MT FWP gives for hunting contact on the Crow Agency

Crow Indian Reservation
Crow Tribe
P.O. Box 159
Crow Agency, MT 59022
(406) 638-2922

Last I heard that their hunts were expensive but a pretty wild herd of bison. I actually saw a couple of their hunts on Ebay last year. If I remember correctly their Ebay prices being about $6000

There are videos posted on Youtube about a hunt on the crow

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just watch a video on YouTube. This particular Crow Agency Bison hunt was a joke. They drove up to the herd and they proceeded to shoot atleast 3 times as the herd was running.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
have 2 mature bulls w/40 cows on top of a cedar covered mesa in northern new mexico,
top is about 3000 acres and there are some open areas,but i got to tell you there is nothing like crawling in the cover after them.
PM for more info

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Feel free to visit my web site if you would like a private ranch hunt in South Dakota. www.huntsd.net

Posts: 520 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scottyboy,
I have sent you a PM and I have included my email address.

NRA Member
SCI Member & DSC Member
Double Rifle Shooter's Society So. Cal. Chapter

Posts: 62 | Location: So. Cal. | Registered: 16 April 2009Reply With Quote