New
Find
Notify
Tools

J&R Outfitters, Indiantown, Florida
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody know anything about their water buffalo hunts? Here is their link. www.jroutfitters.com/index2.html

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
I have not been there, but I watch it on Hunting 201 one day. I would love to give that a try sometime. I have also heard good things about the guide. Big Grin

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 300magman
posted Hide Post
I posed the same question on Hunt America. I spoke to a few that had been and at least 2 that are going and have trips booked for the buffalo. I met him in Dallas at the safari club show. Knows his stuff. I talked to him about booking for 2006 if I do not book Tanzania buffalo trip. Price in Florida is $2500 for non trophy buffalo 2 day hunt with lodging all the way to $4000 for trophy. You can also donate the meat for tax deduction.

Posts: 323 | Location: Jackson, Miss | Registered: 12 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well from what I could find out is seems its a good fun hunt,from the 2 "Hunting Reports" I could find they were recommended.Theres supposed to be 150+ buffs there.Both what they call the "European" and "Asian" varietys.
One fellow I talked to at length said it was first class and a great time. He said these buffs were wild as hell and getting close to them is hard to do.
He has been to Africa and he said he enjoyed this hunt more than his African hunt (thats what he said anyway).
I talked to J&R via emails and phone and it sounds like a great time.
I booked a hunt with them for Dec '05 so I'll find out for myself then.

Live Your Dreams

Posts: 89 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I to am also interested in doing a hunt with them for buffalo. I can't afford to hunt buffalo in Africa so this seems like a good option. Anyone know if I can add some other animals on to the hunt? I was thinking of making a father/son hunt out of it then join up with the rest of the family and go to the beach or Disneyworld. So I don't screw this up, how far in adnvace should I book?

Al

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 300magman
posted Hide Post
yes, he has hogs, and exotics and whitetails. They will put together what you need. He told me in Dallas that he only does 20 buffalo hunts per year though and he had already sold several in 2005.

Posts: 323 | Location: Jackson, Miss | Registered: 12 October 2004Reply With Quote