THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Barnes bullet Reports-Triple Shock

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Barnes bullet Reports-Triple Shock
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I shot an antelope buck with the 140 grain TSX (MV 3200 fps) using my 7mm Mag this year. The shot was at 284 yards with the antelope quartering away from me. The bullet hit the last rib on the right side and exited the base of the throat. The entrance wound was clean, half of the right lung was destroyed and the bullet exited leaving a 3/4"-1" exit wound. The 'lope folded up and died without taking a step.

Posts: 12595 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of befus
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I am a big proponent of X bullets, but they are too hard IMHO for deer.

Hope not as I am using the 130's in my 6,5 Swede with approx 2725fps velocity on whitetails this year. We shall see I guess.

Posts: 241 | Location: Beautiful NW Arkansas | Registered: 27 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot 4 antelope this September with a 140 grs TSX loaded to an MV of 3050 in a .270 Win. Shots were from 100 to 400 yds, all bullets worked well. Could not have asked for more.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
After reading some of the reports about the Accubonds I am quickly working up a Triple Shock load for deer season.

I would like to hear some reports on the Triple Shocks, especially the bad ones!

The Accubonds are very accurate in my rifle, the TSX are still accurate just not as accurate as the Nosler.

Thanks!

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
See my post over on the reloading forums. Anybody experience the fact that Barnes tends to constantly update their bullets making it hard to stay with the same load? they just changed the ogive on the 30 cal 180gr by 002". haven't shot them yet, but I sure as hell hope it didn't change my POI! jorge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote