Notify
Tools

Sheep hunter's poll
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted
(empty)

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
While the Slam is the holy grail of sheep hunters, I'd bet that any true sheep hunter would not pass up on the opportunity to hunt Dall sheep 10 times!

In fact, I'd hunt them 10 times to only shoot 3 trophies- a wide flaring curl, and a tight curl and a nice broomed ram

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I'm not one for white sheep. Although I'd not pass up 10 dall sheep hunts. I did vote for the slam as I like the bighorn sheep with the desert being my favorite (looking, never been on any sheep hunts). I like the desert much better than the freezing cold anyway. Do you intend to do 10 dall sheep hunts?

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm going to go for the slam. The Sone and Dall hunts are similar, but the Rocky and the Desert are in such dramatically different enviornments, I want to experience them ALL! I've got my Stone, going for the Dall in 2007 and then will be at the mercy of the draws.

Posts: 46 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 23 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd just like to go on as many hunts as it takes to get a slam. That could be a lot more hunts than it takes to get 10 Dalls.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I would go for the SLAM! I have done the 10 Dalls sheep hunts a couple of times.
Daryl

Now that was just cruel....

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would go for the SLAM!

I have done the 10 Dalls sheep hunts a couple of times.

Daryl

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I still would go for the 10 Dall sheep. I have taken 7 nice rams and "guided" a few friends and relatives to some real good rams. Hard to get it out of your blood once you start. Age is creeping up on me real quick though.LOL

Posts: 308 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Do you intend to do 10 dall sheep hunts?

Sevens

Sevens
Dall hunt is @ 10,000.00 I Have the dall
A stone hunt is @ $18,000.00
A bighorn in Alberta @ $22,000.00
A desert BH in Mexico @ $50,000.00

So it would cost about $90,000.00 for the slam.IF you are
successful on the first try.That gives you 30-42 days in
sheep country.

10 dall hunts about the same and you get to spend about
100 days in sheep country.

But I am leaning toward the slam and then try for a big
dall.

Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who voted....

Stone sheep next!