THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: New Mexico Rules - new and proposed

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New Mexico Rules - new and proposed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I like the sounds of those changes. Hope they have success with the deer antler thing, but it hasn't worked in most places. Seems to work good for elk, but not deer. Incidently, my interest is I'm originally from NM (proud of it, too).

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Los Alamos. Spent a lot of time close to your area (Pecos) in a town called Villanueva. Know where it is? Used to have a good friend from Artesia--Phil Holt. I don't think he's lived there for about 30 years, though he may have moved back.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where from Arts? I snuck out of Artesia when they weren't looking and am not hiding in San Antonio.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arts - I was in your neck of woods not long ago. The name Holts sounds familiar. Would have to dig thru some stuff to refresh my memory.

My son lives in Abq and works in Los Alamos now and then doing NDT stuff.

Pretty country where you are if they don't burn it down on top of you.

Good hunting. Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I wish them luck. NM is a big place for the hunter and enforcement resources are small. Hopefully they will manage better without just ruining the sport.

I've witnessed some terrible things done by hunters in NM. (Not necessarily residents)

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, nice country. I miss it. Haven't really lived there since I graduated is '65, but visit. My mother still lives there.